Helldive difficulty - Solo

SooFany-R

EDIT 2: Post Update

Hi Helldivers!

I was trying multiple loadouts in order to have 100% win rate on planets at 12-Helldive difficulty, so I am wondering if you guys have anything better than what I use for these planets. The only one which is hard for me to accomplish solo and sometimes even in a group are Cyborgs on Snow planet. Whoever though

adding Hounds for them would be great is making me very furious. Neither Illuminaties nor Bugs were very strong for me compared to Cyborgs and now they are even more ridiculous. I know that we are supposed to play this game in a group of at least two people but sometimes not everyone is online and I want to play alone rather than with annoying randoms.

If you are wondering, here are my loadouts for other nations:

Illuminaties:

Perk - Cardio Accelerator - If you feel overrun, escape even from Outcast.

Weapon - LAS-16 'Sickle' - No need for resupply and can easily kill any Illuminaty enemy.

Stratagems:

1) Tesla Tower - Good for defending against waves especially if you can keep it at full health.

2) SH-20 Shield Generator - Prevents 'inverse' controls caused by Illusionist and 'stun' which is thrown at you by Apprentice.

3) REP-80 (Repair Gun) - Keep your tesla towers at high health to avoid snipers destroying them.

4) Humblebee' UAV drone - You can substitute with your own preference.

Bugs:

Perk - Displacement Field - You need extra 'life' in order to be able to use Jump ability on time.

Weapon - LAS-16 'Sickle' - Still the best weapon agains high armoured bugs.

Stratagems:

1) LIFT-850 Jump Pack - Avoiding 

2) SH-20 Shield Generator - Prevents 'inverse' controls caused by Illusionist and 'stun' which is often thrown at you.

3) Rec-6 'Demolisher' - The best strategem in my opinion from the 2nd Resupply Pack. It gives you 5 explosive charges to deal with impenetrable emenies.

4) Rec-6 'Demolisher' / Resupply - If you want to play on a Snow planet then change for resupply because you may run out of fuel for Jumping.

I would really love to see anyones strategy to deal with Tanks and Warlords since the game throws a lot of them at you. Shotgun SG-225 'Breaker' is probably the best weapon here, and since I use a Jump Pack for Snow planets, Resupply refills both my ammo and fuel. Rec-6 'Demolisher' still works fine because it takes 1 charge to immobilise a tank and another to destroy it. Warlord takes 2 charges so 5 charges becomes insufficient considering how many tanks you face at 12-Helldive difficulty. I know that I can pretty much avoid every fight in every situation but for some missions like Capture Area you have to fight. Please feel free to leave your opinions about your loadouts.

Also, please let me know how you farm 100,000 kills. I checked the guide, and bugs planet is not available anymore. I tried with Illuminaties but even on difficulty 12 enemies tend to stop spawning. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: This loadout works very good for multiple other 'hard' trophies as well. 

Edited by SooFany-R

Yeah Illuminates suck for grinding they just don't throw enough enemies at you. When I did test rounds with them I was averaging only about 2000-2200 kills per hour, way lower than 2800-3000 average for Bugs/Cyborgs. Most of your kills come from the scout like enemies and Illuminates scouts are just a single unit. Unlike Bugs 3 and Cyborgs 4.

Now which is better between Cyborgs and Bugs is up to you, Cyborgs pack more of a punch so you have to kill fast and also take a wee bit more damage to kill.

Yeah Illuminates suck for grinding they just don't throw enough enemies at you. When I did test rounds with them I was averaging only about 2000-2200 kills per hour, way lower than 2800-3000 average for Bugs/Cyborgs. Most of your kills come from the scout like enemies and Illuminates scouts are just a single unit. Unlike Bugs 3 and Cyborgs 4.

Now which is better between Cyborgs and Bugs is up to you, Cyborgs pack more of a punch so you have to kill fast and also take a wee bit more damage to kill.

I can't get more than 1000 kills for illuminaties in an hour on difficulty 5-6. I have no idea how you manage to net around 2000 kills within 1 hour.

Edited by SooFany-R

I can't get more than 1000 kills for illuminaties in an hour on difficulty 5-6. I have no idea how you manage to net around 2000 kills within 1 hour.

You let the scouts alert the other enemies right? And bring 1 or 2 distraction stratagems for dead spots where no scouts are nearby. I just used the same strategy as the one I do for bugs and cyborgs but I only did it once for a test run.

You let the scouts alert the other enemies right? And bring 1 or 2 distraction stratagems for dead spots where no scouts are nearby. I just used the same strategy as the one I do for bugs and cyborgs but I only did it once for a test run.

I joined the game recently, so I missed bugs and just got few cyborg strategems, so I don't have distractors. Guess, I'll have to wait until bugs come back.

• 1 month later...

Well now that they added cyborg dogs (easy to kill and usually come in packs of 3) along side with the other scout enemies that shoot flares.

I think its possible to get more kills per hour than the last version of the game. Should be a tad bit faster way to grind that 100k kills for the ones who haven't got it yet.

Edited by MafiaBrett
  • Like 1