FF X - Equipment Question

ScutumMagister

I'm going through playing this game and checking out some walkthroughs and I have a question that none of them seem to actually answer. I know that the effects on the equipment are what matters as if you have 2 weapons with the same effects then you just use whichever, be it based on looks or whatever, but can any piece of equipment actually be missed? For instance, one walkthrough I saw said to farm a few pieces of equipment before leaving Besaid Island, like Tidus' Metal Shield, etc. I spent some time farming for the equipment and never had some of it drop so I'm wondering if it can show up again at any time or if that was it.

It's kind of odd actually because as long as the game has been around there doesn't seem to be much information when it comes to equipment such as what has a chance to drop what or whether it can just drop randomly at any time, with a few obvious exceptions of course.

There's many chances to buy/loot equipment. The enemies don't change in any area so shouldn't have much of a worry. And there's all different kinds of various forms of each weapon/armor. You can basically make any weapon or armor you want when you can customize

What Zero said is true.

The best gear you will find (beyond the Celestial Weapons) are the weapons and armours with 4 Blank Slots. Because they have the potential to be ANYTHING with customisation.

The fact that while playing the normal game you will see gear that is useful to a certain situation (like Poisontouch on a weapon, or HP+10% on armour, as examples) but may not be useful in another is going to hurt your brain to work out what is good or not long term...

• Like 1

Long story short, NO. 

NO ANY PIECE OF EQUIPMENT CAN BE MISSED BECAUSE YOU CAN LITERALLY CRAFT ANY KIND OF ABILITY UNTO ANY ARMOR/WEAPON. 

The walkthroughs only suggest what good equipment can be dropped at that point in time and what would be GOOD (making it easier for you) to have, again at said point in time. You can always GO BACK up to Besaid village if you want, but why bother since you prolly don't need any armor/weapons found there by that time anyway. 

ALSO, I believe the earliest you can go to Besaid is after Macalania (when you unlock the Spheres for Aurons OVERDRIVE). Or maybe just after Luca but I dunno. It's a GOOD IDEA TO GO THERE THEN TO GET AURONS ULTIMATE BREAK, otherwise you'll get screwed fighting a DARK AEON for it. The Dark Aeons appear after the Macalania Temple ESCANE SHENANIGANS. 

WHAT YOU CAN ACTUALLY MISS ARE THE AL-BHED PRIMERS. (some, not all obviously)

So be sure to get the ones at the beginning and the ones in the Al-Bhed HOME, or else YOU ARE SCREEEEWED!!!!!!