Max Level: One playthrough or two?

TheLiamK

Hey all,
So after Ride to Hell(fuck this game) I am going to go for the platinum on Borderlands 2. I played for a few hours on the 360 a while back and tried to get to level 50 in the post game on my first run through but it was a super grind so I gave up. Should I just grind it out on the first run this time or rush through the first game and max out on the second run? Also, I have all of the DLC so when should i play that?

Hey there,

I advise that you play through the game as normal, trying to attain all other trophies first before even thinking of going for the level 50 one.

As you play through the story and complete optional missions, you progress in level and adapt by picking up weapons and items suitable for your level from enemy drops etc anyway, so I see no rush.

If you're not into the game's trophies, then just play through the story once, and then complete all the dlc. I advise you also complete a lot, if not all the optional missions too. If not, then you could always play through the story again on True Vault Hunter Mode. 

Edited by Aela

• 1 month later...

Just play through it as normal. If you're going for co-op then you can boost your level a lot by playing with a higher level friend. You can easily double digit levels in a matter of minutes, and earn a hefty amount of skill points while at it. Here's a few tips:

-Don't rush to the bosses. All the bosses in this game have an extreme amount of HP and deal massive damage, which can mean constantly dying and losing your cash (rebuilding your character costs in-game money. The more you die the larger the cost.)

-Constantly sell your old guns. The further into the game you go, the more obsolete your weapons become. Sell your old guns and buy newer ones. 

-Spend skill points wisely. This needs no explanation.

-Complete as many side quests as possible. 

-Spend your Badass Tokens on perks. Perks come in real handy.

Just follow these tips and you'll be sure to have a blast joy puking your face off!

Edited by AnimeDreama

Hey all,

So after Ride to Hell(fuck this game) I am going to go for the platinum on Borderlands 2. I played for a few hours on the 360 a while back and tried to get to level 50 in the post game on my first run through but it was a super grind so I gave up. Should I just grind it out on the first run this time or rush through the first game and max out on the second run? Also, I have all of the DLC so when should i play that?

Do it in 2 playthroughs, enemies start at a higher level during NG+ that yields a lot more xp. Enemies scale until the level cap and after that yield less xp. For more info see the Tips & Strategies section in this guide: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/59-Borderlands-2-Trophy-Guide