Mortal Kombat X: What should stay and what should go?

Chell_Clare

Hey - I've just pre-ordered my copy of Mortal Kombat X and can't wait to start playing it. So, my question is this - what do you hope the developers have kept the same as the last release and what do you hope they've improved/added/changed? It can be anything (characters/environments/combos etc.)

Agreed!

I also hope they're a tiny bit more generous with the timings for moves. I had some issues with MK 9 - sometimes the buttons wouldn't elicit the right action even when I pressed the correct sequence and tracked it in practice - there seems to be a really narrow window of time in which to get the right move. It's worse when you're going for a fatality and nothing happens :)

• Like 1

Well, they've showed so much already (The roster, a ton of gameplay, story mode, towers, the new stamina meter) so we pretty much know what we're getting into once we buy it. Although, one thing we can't be sure of, is the net-code. I really hope it's a step-up from MK9 and Injustice, and hopefully the matchmaking for ranked is better as well. 

Well, they've showed so much already (The roster, a ton of gameplay, story mode, towers, the new stamina meter) so we pretty much know what we're getting into once we buy it. Although, one thing we can't be sure of, is the net-code. I really hope it's a step-up from MK9 and Injustice, and hopefully the matchmaking for ranked is better as well. 

Ed Boon said the net-code is better so I ain't going to worry. The only thing that is annoying is the online region lock. 

Ed Boon said the net-code is better so I ain't going to worry. The only thing that is annoying is the online region lock. 

They said the same when Injustice came out, and even though it was slightly better it could still use a lot of work. I hear you on the region lock though. 

They said the same when Injustice came out, and even though it was slightly better it could still use a lot of work. I hear you on the region lock though. 

I'm just saying what came out the man's mouth onto the internet. Injustice wasn't really all that bad, I felt was more trial and error. Region lock is just dense in 2015, I really wanted to see PSNP matches from all over the world. I hope one day we could do a UK vs USA.

I  agree with the matchmaking for ranked - I hope that's better. I'm interested to know how the character profile system will work out with each character having three different sets of moves/abilities that you can choose from.