TWD EP1 (Spoilers within)

AlteredFormula

Ok,

Most of you know that I'm a bit of a TWD freak, been reading the books for years, and often drop my thoughts on the TV episodes. So this game has been one that I've been keeping my eye on for a while. I'm going to try and persuade a few of you to pick it up, especially if you're a fan of the book. As a result, expect a few spoilers, but I'll try not to ruin the game for you.

First things first, Telltale have captured the feel of the books from the get go, even though the game is in colour. The story begins at the same time that Rick is in his coma, at the beginning of the outbreak. Pacing and the thought that its more about the survivors rather than the zombies is brilliant, exactly how it should be. The game play mechanics work well, It gets intense

The babysitter scene...

at the right moments and so on. My missus was watching the game as I played last night, and thouroughly enjoyed it.

screams of "Kill the Bitch!" echoed joyfully throrugh my household during the babysitter scene.

There is a slight hang now and again but nothing that I would consider game breaking. if you're a fan of TWD, or Point and Clicks, I really would suggest picking it up.

The thing that really threw me, was the "cameo's". They dont feel forced in the slightest. So far in the game I've met 3 characters that have existed in the books, Hershel, his son Sean (pre-zombie days) and Glenn. and each of them act within the range of the character you already know.

Ok,

Most of you know that I'm a bit of a TWD freak, been reading the books for years, and often drop my thoughts on the TV episodes. So this game has been one that I've been keeping my eye on for a while. I'm going to try and persuade a few of you to pick it up, especially if you're a fan of the book. As a result, expect a few spoilers, but I'll try not to ruin the game for you.

First things first, Telltale have captured the feel of the books from the get go, even though the game is in colour. The story begins at the same time that Rick is in his coma, at the beginning of the outbreak. Pacing and the thought that its more about the survivors rather than the zombies is brilliant, exactly how it should be. The game play mechanics work well, It gets intense

The babysitter scene...

at the right moments and so on. My missus was watching the game as I played last night, and thouroughly enjoyed it.

screams of "Kill the Bitch!" echoed joyfully throrugh my household during the babysitter scene.

There is a slight hang now and again but nothing that I would consider game breaking. if you're a fan of TWD, or Point and Clicks, I really would suggest picking it up.

The thing that really threw me, was the "cameo's". They dont feel forced in the slightest. So far in the game I've met 3 characters that have existed in the books, Hershel, his son Sean (pre-zombie days) and Glenn. and each of them act within the range of the character you already know.

Sound good AF. I have never read the books, but I have watched the TV show from episode one till the latest. I have liked Telltales games in the past, so I'll pick this game up. As I have mentioned before, I am very happy with the trophy list. It lets you just play the game and not worry about what goal you need to do at what point in the game, thus making it a seamless great ride in which your sole focus is the story.