ScutumMagister's Magna Opera

Hello everyone and thanks for stopping by. I figured since my ID was Latin themed that I would keep the rest of the title of this topic themed that way as well. I know there's not much here right now but it'll expand over time.

Some quick notes about my checklist here. First, I only have 2 completed games at the moment but will list all plats and 100%'d games in the order they happen. Platinums will be listed in blue and 100% games will be listed in red. Second, I was going to include a personal rating but I figured it'd be easier to just say here that they're all 10/10 unless otherwise noted. Third, all trophy images underneath game names are the last trophy I unlocked in that particular game. Lastly, if anyone has any suggestions on tweaking the format to make it look better feel free to share them. I just looked at some others to get some general ideas and this is kind of an amalgamation of what I saw.

Platinum #1/100% #1 - Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PS3)

1S6151ee.png

Completed - 20 March 2015

A truly great game that I recommend to everyone that likes RPGs. This actually marks the second time I've obtained the platinum for it. The first time I got the plat I think it took me about 110-115 hours but this time I did it in 85.

100% #2 - Child of Light (Vita)

4Sa8989d.png

Completed - 3 May 2015

This is a game that I feel can actually be described using the word beautiful. I've actually completed this game to 100% 5 times now, 4 of those on Xbox, and it's still just as much of an enjoyable game now as it was the first time I completed it.

Platinum #2/100% #3 - Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (PS4)

1S547a3a.png

Completed - 8 May 2015

I never really paid attention to the game too much other than thinking it was an Action-RPG type game. Lately I had seen some things about it that indicated it was not an RPG of any kind at all but decided to watch some footage of it Tuesday and that convinced me that my initial belief was actually correct. I went on and purchased it since it was on sale and have pretty much been hooked since. I actually enjoyed it so much that I plan on double dipping the Vita version and who knows, I might even triple dip with the PS3 version too.

The only thing I was disappointed with, and this is unbelievably minor, is that it looks like they changed one of the billboards on the PS4 version from Mind Zero to Divine Gate in the Electric Town section. Oh and an option to rewind the dialogue would have been nice too but that's nothing major either. Overall a really enjoyable game.

Platinum #3/100% #4 - Mind Zero (Vita)

1S27774d.png

Completed 28 May 2015

Really great game, in fact this is the second time I have obtained the plat. It gets a lot of flak for the similarities to Persona 4 with people often comparing them and expecting this game to pretty much be a sequel to Persona 4 2.0. You know, in spite of the fact it's completely different companies working on each one. I say games should be judged on their own and this one definitely stands on it's own legs. The ending really leaves you wanting a sequel since it has a semi-cliffhanger ending. The game is supposed to come to Steam and I plan on getting it when it does. I definitely recommend giving this game a chance.

Platinum #4/100% #5 - The Wolf Among Us (Vita)

1S01dab1.png

Completed 30 May 2015

Great story. I really hope they end up doing a season 2 for this. Overall I have to give the game an 8.5/10 due to the lag during the QTEs, it made it almost impossible to do some of them, especially if it was trying to save too at the same time. The worst occurrences were probably during episode 5. All in all though a very enjoyable game with a great story and one I'll probably check out on the PS4 at some point.

100% #6 - Dragon Fantasy Book 1 (Played only on Vita)

11S6f0617.png

Completed 5 June 2015

Another great game and I loved how much it was patterned after Dragon Warrior, even to the point of having some of the same sound effects such as critical hits in battle and the initial starting battle sound. I have Book 2 in my backlog waiting to be played and I'm already looking forward to playing that as well as whenever Book 3 eventually comes out. Highly recommended if you're a fan of turn-based and/or 8-bit style RPGs.

Platinum #5/100% #7 - Dragon Fantasy Book 2 (Played only on Vita and PS TV)

1S843402.png

Completed 17 August 2015

Really fun game which I never really could get into that much when I first tried playing it though I had no problems this time. It's a game that, to me, seems like it's trying to be much more complicated than it really is but is actually pretty simple. Overall a great homage to 16-bit games though I still think Book 1 was the better overall game. I give Book 2 a 9/10.

100% #8 - Child of Light (PS4)

4Sa8989d.png

Completed - 3 September 2015

This is a game that I feel can actually be described using the word beautiful. I've actually completed this game to 100% 6 times now, 4 of those on Xbox, and it's still just as much of an enjoyable game now as it was the first time I completed it.

100% #9 - Costume Quest (PS3)

15Sc0d1c6.png

Completed - 5 September 2015

This is one of my favorite RPGs of all time. I've ended up playing it at least once a year close to Halloween since it came out and I never get tired of it. A very solid 10/10 from me.

100% #10 - Costume Quest 2 (PS3)

14Sb294ab.png

Completed - 6 September 2015

The sequel to one of my favorite RPGs. It has some technical issues, especially on the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions, though nothing game breaking, and it doesn't entirely recapture the charm of the original but still a really fun game. 8/10

100% #11 - Costume Quest 2 (PS4)

14Se3d624.png

Completed - 7 September 2015

The sequel to one of my favorite RPGs. It has some technical issues, especially on the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions, though nothing game breaking, and it doesn't entirely recapture the charm of the original but still a really fun game. 8/10

Edited by ScutumMagister
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Finally I can follow a checklist from the start! It'll be fun to see how this keep raising :)

Thanks, it'll probably be slow going as I've been playing my Xbox a lot too but we'll see.

We all have to start somewhere keep going and you'll have lots of plats in no time

I'm actually off to the best start I've ever had on a PSN ID as I now have 1 more plat than any of my previous IDs have had  :lol: