Item unobtainable in vita version 1.00?

I can now confirm that some items CANT be found without a specific seed on version 1.00. Those items are:

-Monster Manual

-Meat!

-Fat Odd Mushroom

-Magic 8-ball

-Big Steven

-Missing No.

-Champion Belt

-bandage

-mongo baby

Hi everyone!

I'm on my way to plat for this awesome game. I already played like 100 hours and i only need a few secrets and item.

Here is my list:

secrets:
19 - a Bandage 
69 - Platinum God 
83 - dead boy 
84 - Real platinum god : 
144 - Super meat boy 
156 - godhead 

items:
mongo baby
monster manual
odd mushroom
godhead
champion belt
magic 8 ball
MEAT!
super bandage

So. I know that deadboy is unobtainable pre-patch. So is godhead and thus, platinum god and real platinum god.

But i just went through 3 seeded run (with the glitch... Yeah i know i'm cheap) with "BASE MENT" seed hoping to find some of the last items i need...

In those runs have i collected like 300 items, but NOT A SINGLE ONE of those i'm missing...

So i'm starting to ask myself a simple question: are those items obtainable in the first PSVITA version of the game? It looks like champion belt, MEAT! and magic 8 ball shouldnt be so rare!

I also would like to obtain monster manual to make SMB and bandage girl pop, but it looks like it is unobtainable to me :/

Can anyone confirm this? Or do i have the worst luck ever?
Edited by lesk8vaincra

Here is my list:

secrets:

19 - a Bandage 

69 - Platinum God 

83 - dead boy 

84 - Real platinum god : 

144 - Super meat boy 

156 - godhead 

items:

mongo baby

monster manual

odd mushroom

godhead

champion belt

magic 8 ball

MEAT!

super bandage

I also would like to obtain monster manual to make SMB and bandage girl pop, but it looks like it is unobtainable to me :/

Nope, you can obtain each and every one of them using specifics seeds, but I think MEAT is boss related, as much as Bandage and magic 8 ball (which I'm surprised you don't have the latest TBH). Champion belt is related to shops, IIRC, Odd Mushroom is found by beating bosses or blowing up mushrooms, monster manual is related to Libraries or item rooms. I bet that your luck is bad about not having magic 8 ball // odd mushroom // monster manual so far.

I will try to help you though, use the specific seeds for each one of those:

Mush1: PCWA 8BO8

Mush2: J1S1 MKKL

Mongo Baby: FGZG QRLT

Monster Manual: HGN1 GBFC

Super Bandage: PDH0 KCJS

MEAT!: 01V8 L2A4 (boss)

Champion Belt: 099L 6H3R (shop)

Edited by TheYuriG

ok thanks, i'll try those seeds but unfortunately i think they won't work :/. I'm an european player and most of the seed i used were not useful for the EU version of the game :/.

Post back the ones that worked for you and the ones that did not, so I can go the extra mile and find more seeds to try and suit you.

Unfortunately, none of them worked :(

Did you use those seeds? Because as far as i can tell, thoses are seed for the PC version found on http://bindingofisaacrebirth.gamepedia.com or http://bindingofseeds.com/ :/

I don't think seeds are cross plateform :(

They work worldwide, except for the EU version of the game, which have the seeding system broken, reason why they are different. The best bet I can give you is doing runs with Isaac and rerolling the items until you get what you want... sorry! :(

They work worldwide, except for the EU version of the game, which have the seeding system broken, reason why they are different. The best bet I can give you is doing runs with Isaac and rerolling the items until you get what you want... sorry! :(

yup, that's what i'm doing, with BASE MENT seed... But i'm not sure that i can unlock the last few items i nee :(

I just did another run with the BASE MENT seed. Got the sharp plug, the D6, the habit, the waffer, etc. Meaning infinite reroll.

i rerolled the whole item pool in boss room, item room, secret room, ... and none of the item i'm missing popped.

Does the item pool contains a limited amount of items? Shouldn't it contains every item at least once?

I just did another run with the BASE MENT seed. Got the sharp plug, the D6, the habit, the waffer, etc. Meaning infinite reroll.

i rerolled the whole item pool in boss room, item room, secret room, ... and none of the item i'm missing popped.

Does the item pool contains a limited amount of items? Shouldn't it contains every item at least once?

Yeah, it does mean that you need to obtain each item at least once before exhausting the pool. I find it very strange you can't find those specific items, but maybe some of them are related to the challenges you didn't complete yet? I think bandage and MEAT! specifically. Monster Manual I have no idea.

I just found this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/bindingofisaac/comments/2lleg5/spoilers_psa_there_are_several_items_currently/

It looks like the item i'm missing... Does not appear in any pool -_-

looks like i'm fucked, as i think i can't update my game to 1.01? My vita only propose the 1.05 :/.

Can i download a specific update (1.01..) for my ps4?

Maybe you should try to update patch. Yes, without seeds, looking for items can be a little tedious, but with help of Eden you can easily get all of them if you utilise cloud-saving. 

I just found this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/bindingofisaac/comments/2lleg5/spoilers_psa_there_are_several_items_currently/

It looks like the item i'm missing... Does not appear in any pool -_-

looks like i'm fucked, as i think i can't update my game to 1.01? My vita only propose the 1.05 :/.

Can i download a specific update (1.01..) for my ps4?

No you can't, but did you try spamming Eden seeds though?

Also, you could prep a a gamebreaking run and update the game on the second floor, that way you have a seeded run to gamebreak with the game patched, netting you any and every item avaiable.

No you can't, but did you try spamming Eden seeds though?

Also, you could prep a a gamebreaking run and update the game on the second floor, that way you have a seeded run to gamebreak with the game patched, netting you any and every item avaiable.

i already spent a lot of token with eden, i only have 35 left but yes, that is what i'll use.

I already thought about preparing a run then updating, but unfortunately it doesnt work. It looks like the item pool are generated before the first floor. I already tried, unsuccessfully :(.

This works for the Dead Boy secret though. You can use a seeded run, manage to get an OP character, go to the last floor, clean it without getting hit, then update the game and only kill the boss. This grant the secret (i also tried it ;-)).

I think i'll try to obtain bandage girl and super meat boy with a seeded run (at least a seed like COCK FGHT), then use the update technique to get dead boy.

For the last item, i'll have to hope :D

• Like 1

i'm already on my 8th game with book of revelation... Every time i have to fight conquest and get his stupid poney :D.

At least this time i found Godhead, which looks like ultra rare, from what i read :)

But conquest is meant to give you the poney, no? I thought you were supposed to fight war, pestilence, famine and death. Conquest grants pony everytime. You should be fighting death on the utero, not conquest.

Proof: http://bindingofisaacrebirth.gamepedia.com/Conquest (see dropped items on the right side).

Edited by TheYuriG

Yeah i know, that's what i'm saying :).

I would like to fight death, so he'll drop the last cube of meat i need, but everytime i end up fighting againt conquest.

Book of revelation assure that you fight a horsemen, the three first are always famine, pestilence and war. But on Womb 1, most of the time, even if you use book of revelation, you end up fighting against conquest, voiding any chance to obtain the 4th upgrade for super meat boy/bandage girl.

Just did another run and this time i found monster manual. I only need 2 more items (magic 8 ball and bandage) and 2 secrets (meatboy/bandagegirl) before the plat... Hope i'll be able to get those quickly

Yeah i know, that's what i'm saying :).

I would like to fight death, so he'll drop the last cube of meat i need, but everytime i end up fighting againt conquest.

Book of revelation assure that you fight a horsemen, the three first are always famine, pestilence and war. But on Womb 1, most of the time, even if you use book of revelation, you end up fighting against conquest, voiding any chance to obtain the 4th upgrade for super meat boy/bandage girl.

Just did another run and this time i found monster manual. I only need 2 more items (magic 8 ball and bandage) and 2 secrets (meatboy/bandagegirl) before the plat... Hope i'll be able to get those quickly

Do you updated the game finally? I'm on the same boat as you: Euro Vita 1.00 version. I'm missing exactly the same items, none of the seeds works for me. I need help.

Do you updated the game finally? I'm on the same boat as you: Euro Vita 1.00 version. I'm missing exactly the same items, none of the seeds works for me. I need help.

Yes he does have updated, as he already have the Godhead and Dead Boy at this point.

As yuri said, yes, i updated my game.Godhead is impossible to get without the patch, and for the item i have listed, they *should* be available with specific seeds, but those seeds are unknown for the european version.

I know, but seed or no seed, bandage girl and meatboy are luck based.

Also, on version 1.00, you won't be able to use the monster manual method because of the bug that prevents you from even looting the manual.

So you'll have to restart again and again, updated game or not. But you have to know that on version 1.00, the horsemen can loot a cube of meat, even if you already got a bandage ball on the previous horsemen. The only seed i found that gives a book or revelations allowed me to fight against the horsemen... But the second one always gave me a cube of meat, when the others gave me a bandage.

So i really think that for supermeatboy and bandage girl, you should play on an updated game. It won't be harder.

10 runs, no Death ><.

I always had conquest, and the last run, i got 2 bosses instead of a horseman.

I'm getting tired of this stupid RNG...

I forgot to ask, but didn't you use the seeded Book Of Revelations from my .org thread? There is an EU version of it IIRC.

[EU] NC9Q K9BE Super Meat Boy at Womb I

Even though you will have no progress because seeds are patched, try running it to see if you will get the meat boy at the end.

Edited by TheYuriG

yup, already tried and nope, it didn't work for me.

With that seed i had 

- a ball of bandage with the first horsemen

- a cube of meat with the second 

- a ball of bandage with the third

- and fought against conquest so haven't got a chance to have neither super meat boy nor bandage girl.

I didn't try this after the patch, only on version 1.00

Edited by lesk8vaincra