Trohpies and Patches

Jazzerman

As documented in another post in this forum, there is a trophy glitch from a patch for any North American players that are trying to platinum this game.

After doing some research and three playthroughs I found that the patch you get when you download (1.01 for North American players) does indeed reset your secrets to zero as you play through. Which will not allow you get one of the gold trophies in the game for finding them all. This bug was fixed for European players in their 1.03 patch.

Why NA players never got an updated fix I don't know, but anyone looking to go back and play through the first Trine just be aware and plan accordingly. If you live in North America, don't download the patch. It really is only for the DLC level that came out later. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I've actually plat'd the game on two other accounts one with the patch and one without. I didn't have any problems either time. The only difference I noticed is that the final level had skeletons as you where climbing the tower with the patch and no skeletons without the patch.

This makes no sense because the European version did get the 1.03 patch.

It makes perfect sense, as it probably costs them X amount to host it on each store. The EU and NA stores are independent of one another. Perhaps they felt that there was a larger fanbase in EU.