Tips for Boosting

waffleswanton

Hey everyone, I've finally finished the 1,000 respect boosting trophy, however since no one signed up for my session, I had to do it with randoms and it was a horrible experience. I didn't want what i posted in the session tab to be wasted so here are a couple of tips that might prove useful to you guys if you ever need to boost that trophy with a lobby of people.

Rules (kind of)

1) Skip the intros where the characters speak, many forget to do so.
2) Pick the stage to the right of random, should be called Kuatan Jungle, way faster than letting the cursor decide between 2 stages.
3) When you finish the match, remember to press X afterwards so the results get cleared out, people forget and we waste so much time waiting for them, especially when someone afks for the match and forgets to press it, or even select anything in the selection screen.
4) Give the respect points quickly, the games moves on sooooo much faster when everyone is done giving the points, otherwise it waits for each person, and of course, 10 points per person.
5) No fatalities, sure it might help to get some other trophies out of the way here, but if everyone takes this time to do their own stuff/challenges, it will take way longer, so just end the match with a brutality or a jab or whatever, just make it quick. I see a lot of people I did it with just try and impress people with flashy combos (which they drop) or try the whole match to do a stage brutality or a special brutality, and it ends up wasting everyone's time. The amount of time waiting for a fatality to finish, another match could have gone on. Multiply it by the amount of people, and that's a lot of time wasted.

Here's a few tips that can manage to go a long way, not really rules:

1) Kotal Kahn has a buff, 624 D, which takes away 5% of his own health, if u are supposed to lose for someone else, it might make things faster to reduce ur own health in the process
2) Uppercuts, Down-Back punch does 14%, usually the fastest way to do damage unless you know the character very well.
3) Kotal Kohn Blood God variations with Blood buff and totem can do easy 70% combos, not mandatory but they can speed through a match very very quick.

4) Characters can have fast ground recovery if you press a button when you land to tech the landing, makes for very quick matches.

5) Characters than end their combos on a standing opponent, not knock down, can easily transition into their next hit, like Cassie's ding dong, or cyromancer Subzero's chain kombo into his throw.

6) Unlike what the guide says, more people prove way faster, there is less down time for everyone, since you dont give points when you are winning or losing, so in a 3 people lobby, 2 turns are wasted out of 3, while in an 8 person lobby, its 2 used, and 6 are given, something like that... it just feels much faster getting 60 points a win than 10.

7) Make your lobby with only the slots that are available, so pretty much if you have 5 people, close up the other 3 slots, its mentioned in the guide but I wanted to reiterate it since it ruins everything when someone crashes the party.

8) Use the room and lobby chat to coordinate, also helps to keep track of everyone's network bars since the online netkode is pretty crappy.

That's it, feel free to add more stuff to help others through this excruciating process.

Thanks guys.

Hey everyone, I've finally finished the 1,000 respect boosting trophy, however since no one signed up for my session, I had to do it with randoms and it was a horrible experience. I didn't want what i posted in the session tab to be wasted so here are a couple of tips that might prove useful to you guys if you ever need to boost that trophy with a lobby of people.

That's it, feel free to add more stuff to help others through this excruciating process.

Thanks guys.

You should post a comment about this at the Mortal Kombat X guide. If the author finds these tips usable, he can add them to the guide or put a link to this topic.

Ok I'll help with the actual guide that way people kan actually see this without looking at the thread, it just happens to be that a lot of what I find was practical actually manages to kollide with the thread, but I'll help out regardless.

I don't know about the sudden death kode, I doubt you kan use kombat modifiers or private lobbies for kompleting this krappy trophy.

Git gud will probably be great, and work for games like USF4, P4A, SCV, KI, but the game's net kode is komplete trash. I can land kombos against the hardest AI, but not an afk opponent online. Not to mention people get pissed off when you do win, not giving any respect, wasting even more time. What's worse is that if they get really mad and DC the game, if you managed to get DC and not a quitality finish, your points get reset back to zero... ZERO. It's self-explanatory that getting good will help with platnuming the game, any game for that matter, especially the ranked trophy, but trying to get this without boosting will take a while.