B-Spec Online Challenge Tips

PSXtreme_

For those of you wondering what leads to a win every time for those online B-Spec challenges, well, I'm here to give you the low down:

For those 650 PP challenges...try hooking up with the Pagani Zonda LM Race Car. Comes in just under 650pp with the ground effects handling turned all the way up. I've run 2 series with this car so far and have yet to even get close to losing with my level 30 Bob.

For those 500 PP challenges...the Vauxhall VX220 Turbo ’00 completely tuned and with the Aerodynamics turned all the way up, she's a touch over 500pp. Just by swapping air filters, you can get under that 500 limit with no problem (make sure to turn up the spoiler to max as the rear end likes to get loose with the non-racing tires on).

For those 400 PP challenges, I gots me an untuned Vauxhall VX220 ’00 and I didn't even change the oil. So far, it has yet to lose any online B-Spec 400 pp event.

Feel free to use them, as it allows a quick clearing of those online B-Spec events (which are also quick cash-cows), gets you the free helmets/suits along with the free car voucher with the minimum of sweat.

Also, feel free to post up your favorite rides to use to win these events. I'd like to have some variety, but I'm not stepping away from a sure thing until I gets me some other advise from the other GT5 racers here.

For the latest Purple Online B-Spec Nurburgring B-Spec Event here's the lowdown on how I beat it.

1st used the Takata Dome NSX '03 added the stage 2 turbo and increased the downforce as much as possible to the 600pp mark. Also dropped the entire car down -5 both front and rear and added 1.0 on both the front and rear suspension to compensate (thanks Rory!!).

Now, here's the important thing, if it starts raining during the first lap for you, like it did for me, change your tires after the 1st lap to the Intermediate, NOT RAIN, tires (taking rain tires will force your car to pit after the second lap). Don't worry about losing positions, you'll easily make them back up with the better traction and should be in 1st place by the end of lap 2. After that, just keep your driver alert and the $1Million Spacebucks, along with the lvl 23 car coupon should be yours for the taking. I won this by just using a level 32 B-Spec Driver and you should be able to also. Happy racing!

ALSO, once you win it, don't waste your time running it again. You only get 1 prize and one cash amount.

i use that zonda race car for 650pp too but i use a lotus elise tuned to 500pp myself instead of vx220 which works a treat. :lol:

cant remember what i use for 450pp, probably a few different cars..

I prefer the Vauxhaul/Opel over the Elise as it feels less apt to swap ends and is more stable going thru the corners. I will run the '98 Lotus Espirit for the A-Spec 500pp races, but I can usually take any 400pp or 500pp car and win those A-Spec challenges. It's the B-Spec that needs to be more selective.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

B Spec Racing Seasonal Events

I have 4 drivers over class 30 and 2 drivers over 10 to work with, so I can use any of them when they have their status arrows in up position.

I log in every day to keep the 200 percent earnings bonus.

I stick with Online B-spec Challenge No 5 because of quick earnings.

For the 400pp Monza Circuit 5 laps I use  Mitsubishi 3000GT SR (J) 1996 model.

Tuned to 222 hp 1600kg Spring Rate 7.7/4.2. All Dampers and Anti-roll bars all set to 4. Camber at zero. Toe Angle zero/0.20. Initial Torque 10/10. Acceleration Sensitivity 40/40. Braking Sensitivity 20/20. Brake balance 5/5. Weight Adjustment all zero. Power level 95.3%. Front/Rear Torque 40/60 and finally transmission gears: 1st 2.49 2nd1.735 3rd 1.312 4th 1.023 5th0.832 6th 0.699 and Final 4.933 with top speed set at 260.

Engine has ECU Tuning and Power Limiter. Intake and exhaust all standard. No Turbo kit. Fully customizable transmission. Twin plate clutch, Semi Racing Flywheel, Adjustable LSD, Torque Sensing Center Diff, and carbon drive shaft. Fully customizable suspension. Brake balance controller and Sports Hard Tires.

You have to make adjustments to power limiter when you get an oil change unless you do the change before you modify the car.

What I like about this race is  you get 356800 with the bonus at full and this is usually the easiest race. Typically by the 3rd lap you will already be in first place and will leave the pack well behind you shortly thereafter. The bad news is the track race is 18 miles so you will take approximately 12 to 14 min depending on level of your driver & how hard you drive him.

Example: I used a Level 13 driver who only had 2 previous races. He started at 12th position but by the start of the 2nd lap he was in 5th and by almost a minute into the 3rd lap he was in first.

It's important to note that the better condition your driver is in the easier the race goes. If you use a driver that is starting to deteriorate you will have a harder time getting him to win.

For my sample driver he finished with 12 minutes 39 seconds and the second racer came in a full 20 seconds behind.

I will post my 500pp racer later.  

Edited by rallysportev