10-hit combo for sub-zero (knockout trophy)

Chell_Clare

Hey guys,

I had trouble with sub-zero's ten-hit combo for the knockout trophy on mortal kombat x, so I did a bit of digging and tried various combos in different orders, but this is the simplest one I could come up with that administers ten hits without giving you hand cramp....

Sub-zero (Cryomancer) - facing right/practice mode (PS3/PS4)

1. Push your opponent into the far right corner

2. Press triangle, circle, triangle (3 hits)

3. Follow quickly with the 'cold blooded' move: (--> + circle, triangle, square + x)

Cold blooded administers 7 hits, so combined with the first, you should get your ten. I've tested it a few times and it works.

I hope this helps anyone else who might be stuck on this one.

Chell

I think this was the exact combo I used when I was trying to get the trophy lol. I remember having the most difficulty in getting a 10 hit combo with Sonya until I found something that worked in the corner.

Yep, I had trouble with Sonya too. Jax was the one that took the longest but I found two special moves that give 6 hits each. Still took forever. I've got Kano and Reptile left for the trophy!

Yep, I had trouble with Sonya too. Jax was the one that took the longest but I found two special moves that give 6 hits each. Still took forever. I've got Kano and Reptile left for the trophy!

Reptile's Nimble variation is easy to get a lot of hits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfoeZV4X9D8

I don't remember what I did for Kano but you'll find something. I think Cuthroat is the best variation for that

Reptile's Nimble variation is easy to get a lot of hits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfoeZV4X9D8

I don't remember what I did for Kano but you'll find something. I think Cuthroat is the best variation for that

Thanks for the tips. The trophy just popped. Think I've left the hardest ones for last - I'll never get a 10-win streak, for sure. I crack under pressure online! :)

Ohh yeah that one's a pain. It took me a while to get it but eventually after many times of the streak ending due to poor connection or spammers it happened. I'm still working on the 1000 respect points, I need someone to send me a tower challenge, and get to level 50 in all factions.

Ohh yeah that one's a pain. It took me a while to get it but eventually after many times of the streak ending due to poor connection or spammers it happened. I'm still working on the 1000 respect points, I need someone to send me a tower challenge, and get to level 50 in all factions.

I'll send you a tower challenge if you like. We can trade because I still need to win one. 

Certainly! PSN: RabbiAndy

Thanks in advance.

Brill - i'll add you tonight. I think there are two tower challenge trophies - one is to send a tower challenge to someone else (so, you can send one to me if you haven't got that and it should pop up right away) and the other is for beating the score of the challenge you're sent (that's the one I still haven't got, so if you send me a challenge too, then I can try to beat the score) :)  

Just do the juggle combat perk and do 10 uppercuts - it's that easy

Yeah, I heard that using the juggle modifier cuts the time taken to do some of the harder combos but unfortunately I still haven't unlocked it. I don't think I've completed a juggle modifier living tower yet, which is possibly why :S

MK is region locked - you cannot send invites that way

Brill - i'll add you tonight. I think there are two tower challenge trophies - one is to send a tower challenge to someone else (so, you can send one to me if you haven't got that and it should pop up right away) and the other is for beating the score of the challenge you're sent (that's the one I still haven't got, so if you send me a challenge too, then I can try to beat the score) :)

Yeah, I heard that using the juggle modifier cuts the time taken to do some of the harder combos but unfortunately I still haven't unlocked it. I don't think I've completed a juggle modifier living tower yet, which is possibly why :S

It's a lot faster, I did about 15-20 characters in less than 30 minutes

I got your challenge but when I tried opening it it just took me to PS Store to buy MKX lol... so yeah it's region blocked for that too. But thanks for trying anyways, I appreciate it.

Ah never mind. I couldn't decide whether to send a challenge where I'd tried really hard to score highly, or send one where I'd been a bit half-arsed about it so you could get the trophy without having to faff about with brutalities and point-scoring moves. In the end, I decided you're probably more skilled than me and tried to get decent points! Shame it didn't work though :(

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...