No free space on Hard Disk?!

I have a 12 gb PS3. I know I'm limited to the amount of games I can have and that is why, when I buy a game digitaly, I always check the space that it occupies. It said on PS Store that this game was 6105 MB, which was enough, right? No, I have over 8.5gb of free space but everytime I try to install the damn thing, the same stupid message always comes up "There is not enough free space on the system storage". I don't want look like an annoying brat but I just wasted 10 euros on a game that lied to me. Can you please tell me how much space does this game actually ocupy?

Thank you for your time.

- Link.

Edited by linkisawesome

That's because you need double the space it tells you, it would require 6105mb for the game & it would require another 6105mb to install it once it's installed it should only be just 6105mb for the game so just over 12gb should be enough it's dumb I know & I hope that helps :)

Install file on PS3 takes same amount as game installed, after install that file gets deleted but thats the reason it takes double.

I have trouble having enough space with 500gb hdd. Upgraded it myself from 70gb original. Always when some of my friends was considering ps3, I told them to get 500gb one if they actually plan to play games with it. 12gb model is for watching movies or playing only retail games on it, even then it's limited (patches, dlc, saves). If you plan to only play Fifa or NHL or Singstar, it's perfect. There's market for those gamers.