Digital Deluxe Edition: Problems and Questions

AnettKA89

I bought the digital Deluxe Edition exactly a day ago. I wanted to start the game, but the whole thing just simply crashed, leaving some error messages behind, + it logged me out of psn all the time.
I did some research on "how to install" this game properly and I followed the instructions.
Firstly, I had to delete everything, since the downloadable contents had already been installed on my system. Secondly, I stopped the update file as well, and now I'm waiting for the application data to fully download. WHICH DOES NOT WANT TO DOWNLOAD. It is either too slow or simply stops downloading. Very frustrating. This game is still very expensive on PS store, this is ridiculous.
(Question 1:) Has anyone experienced this problem nowadays? I knew that Dragon Age Inquisition had some problems back in 2014, but I honestly thought that the devs and sony solved it by now.
This digital edition is the worst buy of my life so far. Do I really need to wait 2 days to play this game, which is probably going to crash as it did for so many people 6 months ago?
I have never ever wanted my money back for a digital game before, but now I'm really considering this option. Problem is that I have no idea how to do it. (Question 2:) How do I contact Sony about this? Is writing a simple e-mail enough...? : D

I'm not sure about anyone having it nowadays. I got mine Physical and the only problem I had was when PSN got taken down back in December. Something about it not detecting the DLC's or something if I remember right. But you can't get a refund from digital purchases (otherwise I would have gotten my $50 for Bound by Flame). It might be better just to call Sony though. At least I always found calling them easier.

You could also just try seeing if letting the update file download and install will work. I always just let everything download no matter what order it comes in.

I wanted to buy a physical copy as well, but it is sold out everywhere in my country. So I had to buy the digital version instead.
I read in the forums that the download order is important in this case, the update file should be installed after the application data has finished downloading. But yeah, normally the order should not matter. Oh, I wish I bought Witcher 3 instead...

I wanted to buy a physical copy as well, but it is sold out everywhere in my country. So I had to buy the digital version instead.

I read in the forums that the download order is important in this case, the update file should be installed after the application data has finished downloading. But yeah, normally the order should not matter. Oh, I wish I bought Witcher 3 instead...

Huh I didn't think it did. I'm pretty sure I've let the update data install before everything else and my games had no problems. Then again I usually just let the PS4 go into Rest Mode once everything starts up. I'm not sure how it all works but my guess is it's because the game is pretty big and had a lot of patches ever since release date, and so maybe that's why the update is first in line. I would try and let the update happen first, and if nothing new happens then I say maybe try letting it go into Rest Mode for a night and see if it installs anything else.

Sony will tell you no refunds on digital. Ever.

Unless it violates international legislation like AC Unity season pass did.

Hurray..... -.-

Well I guess this was the last time I bought anything digitally from the store then.