Blitzball Help

kurtskyKG

i need help with blitz
i played 1 tourney and 1 league game. my current stats are 0-5-1
do i need to start over again to get the world champ and others?

should i continue? i am waiting for nimrook to be available. brother is already level 15

No need to start over (loses don't make it harder to get the Overdrives, Sigil or World Champion).

Tips: Brother, Tidus, Wakka, Miyu (she will be a great help while you wait for Nimrook.. Wedge or Bigs also turns into a good goalkeeper) and 2 that I don't remember the name...

The locations:

1 right before Shiva temple (you can still get to her without facing Dark Shiva)

1 is the shop keeper on Calm Lands

1 is somewhere on Moonflow (I think it's Miyu..)

Wedge and Bigs are the 2 guards of the Blitz stadium.

For early game I also like to hire Zalitz (he is in 1 of the screen on the way to the theater in Luca), but he is only good at the start, after about lvl30 drop him.

And if you didn't looked into the good old Blitz faq on GameFAQs, I would suggest you to do so, lots of good info there.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/197344-final-fantasy-x/faqs/19103

Remember, just scoring a goal or two and hiding doesn't really help in the long run. You have to do things, passing and tackling, in order to level your characters up. That even means having the goalie make saves. At a certain point you'll be able to score from your goal line with Tidus though.

• 2 weeks later...

i need help with blitz

i played 1 tourney and 1 league game. my current stats are 0-5-1

do i need to start over again to get the world champ and others?

You do not. Blitzball is more open than that; you can build up your stats and win even if you loss record is atrocious.

A good piece of advice is this: learn the first Jecht Shot if you have not already. Play some games to build up Tidus' stats so he can use it around three or four times each half and that handles almost every team except the Guado Glories and the Al Bhed Psyches.

To win at Blitzball, however, it is that last team you are working against. They are easily the best team in the game so you should focus on weakening them whenever possible. When any of their players contracts expire, sign them; especially Nimrook as he is what gives you so much trouble. Once you take him away, swoop in and the match against them should be easy while they train up another goalie.

• 5 weeks later...

I was able to win games even without Nimrook in my roster, I focused more on my forwards and got Brother and Wedge and always went offensive on my games. Take advantage of Brother's ridiculous speed to run/swim circles around the enemy to free up space for Tidus and Wedge. If one of the two get enough free space and are close enough to the goal, pass to then and score (usually Brother has a ridiculous passing stat so most of the time, even a pass from end-to-end will connect). 

My Set Up:
Tidus - LF

Wedge - RF

Brother - MF

Zev Ronso - LD

Ropp - RD

Jumal - G

My Defenses didn't get a lot of chances to touch the ball though (Pretty sad if your forwards are level 15  but your defenses are stuck at level 2-3). So I feel that you don't have to put the best players for that part. However, an average goalie is fine and I think that Nimrook has a high chance of getting resigned anyways.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Take advantage of Brother's ridiculous speed to run/swim circles around the enemy to free up space for Tidus and Wedge. If one of the two get enough free space and are close enough to the goal, pass to then and score (usually Brother has a ridiculous passing stat so most of the time, even a pass from end-to-end will connect). 

this.

Swim in circles attracting all opposing players, then passing to Tidus/Wedge and scoring. I got Jupiter Sigil doing this.

I got Nimrook, though. My Jumal was too weak at the time.

You don`t have to wait anything, just check how many games are left in his contract and forfeit exhibition games against his team. (press triangle with the ball in hand, you should see the forfeit option).

When only 1 game is left on his contract, save the game, play a last exhibition match against him, forfeit and pray for his contract to not be renewed.

If it was, reload your save, else, hire him.

Edited by bercoelho