Berserk Manga is back

Superbuu3

I never started reading this because i heard the author was too busy playing Idolmaster to finish writing it, but now he's got through his idolmaster backlog he's back to writing, so I guess its a good time to start. Now that the manga is finally back to monthly instalments.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/08/berserk-manga-returns-with-monthly-installments-this-july/

Hakusensha’s Young Animal magazine revealed in their 14th issue that Kentarou Miura’s Berserk manga will resume publication in their next issue, slated for release on July 24th. Miura stopped writing Berserk early on in 2014 so that he could focus on the Gigantomakhia mini-series. He returned in September 24 only to leave the series again in August.

For those of you unfamiliar with Berserk, it’s a story that takes place in fantasy world drawing inspiration from medieval Europe.

It follows two characters: an orphanes mercenary named Guts, and the leader of a mercenary band called the Band of the Hawk. Studio 4°C – the same studio collaborating with Keiji Inafune’s new project Red Ash – made three films based on the Golden Age Arc from the manga.

Edited by Superbuu3

I never started reading this because i heard the author was too busy playing Idolmaster to finish writing it, but now he's got through his idolmaster backlog he's back to writing, so I guess its a good time to start. Now that the manga is finally back to monthly instalments.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/08/berserk-manga-returns-with-monthly-installments-this-july/

He's probably waiting for the second season of Idolmasters to return. Good manga it's just a shame the anime was cut short. 

Sigh. My wallet isn't too happy about this news. Just finished my collection with Volume 37 a few months back.

It is nice to see Kentaro Miura getting back to Berserk. I just hope he isn't doing it because of some obligation to finish the story. As much as I'd like to see new chapters of Berserk, I'd much rather Miura move on from it or at the very least inform his fans about his honest views on the manga's future. Monthly installments feels like a ridiculous goal to set. Makes me wonder if this may be a push to a potential ending. I guess we'll see how long this all lasts.

(Here's hoping the Idea of Evil makes a return!)