Difference between voice chat through PS Eye and PS3 headset

Lady Lilith

I'm guessing the PS Eye outputs sound, but I don't know if you get game sound with it. Right now, I don't know the difference between voice chat via PS Eye and a PS3 headset, besides the Eye outputting it through the TV, and the headset only to you. Might be useful to know, since I tend to stay up late (I'm talking like, past midnight) on weekends/before days off.

I don't have a PS Eye myself, but what I can gather from gaming on-line with someone who used it as a mic is it only picks up sound. All output sound is directed through the TV. It was off-putting slightly as I could hear myself talking through his TV speakers being picked up by the mic on the Eye.

I don't have a PS Eye myself, but what I can gather from gaming on-line with someone who used it as a mic is it only picks up sound. All output sound is directed through the TV. It was off-putting slightly as I could hear myself talking through his TV speakers being picked up by the mic on the Eye.

Hm...If that's the case, I wonder if I should disconnect my Eye when using my headset, so that it doesn't interfere.

since I have both and have used both then I guess My experience here is needed.

when using the eye, it does broadcast sound through the TV. Ur gonna catch yourself speaking way to load or standing right up next to it for the other party to hear you clearly.

U and the other party are gonna get alot of feedback @ times when using the eye as a mic. U will have trouble hearing clearly using the eye and your TV speaker for sound.

the games music/sound effects comes through your TV not the eye.

in a pinch when a headset is not available, the eye will do the job. but if you don't wanna wake, " She who makes the Rules ", the baby, your Mama or the neighbors, I don't recommend using it when everybody else is sleeping. :ninja:<_<:facepalm:B) .

the headset that I use is the PS3 official 7.1 surround sound headset. works perfect :awesome: . I had the official blue tooth which often gave Me an ear ache.

been using it for 6 months now. everything comes in crystal clear. sounds and effects that the TV won't broadcast comes through perfect.

when chatting, it frigging awesome. I most often point out defects in the other parties headset cause it picks up on everything.

I could talk about all the pros of the headset but hopefully I got My point across. if more info is needed, feel free to holla @ Me.

edit : you don't need to disconnect the eye when using headset, well, U don't need to disconnect when using the 7.1.

if you go to settings, you can adjust so they work in conjunction with each other. so when the headset is on, the eye will just do optical and the audio will go through the headset.