Do Meal Tickets count as a purchase?

DaRetroOne

At the moment I am currently doing a Checkpointless, Penny Pincher, and True Shovelry play through. Because of the trophy Penny Pincher I can't make any purchases in the villages, Hall of Champions, etc,. My question is do Meal Tickets count as a purchase? I know I can't purchase them directly from the village because that would negate the trophy but the game does occasionally give you a few after the campfire scene. If I redeem the meal tickets would that count as a purchase or should I not risk it. 

At the moment I am currently doing a Checkpointless, Penny Pincher, and True Shovelry play through. Because of the trophy Penny Pincher I can't make any purchases in the villages, Hall of Champions, etc,. My question is do Meal Tickets count as a purchase? I know I can't purchase them directly from the village because that would negate the trophy but the game does occasionally give you a few after the campfire scene. If I redeem the meal tickets would that count as a purchase or should I not risk it. 

Didn't you 100% your first save? Because it was supposed to be NG Plus with all mana and health upgrades. So if I was you I wouldn't upgrade anything and play NG not Plus because in NG Plus you take double damage so it ends up being the same, although the armor is pretty handy.

• 8 years later...