Hi from Texas

LadyWanderer

I forgot to ask: whereabouts in Texas? I have a grandmother and some aunts, uncles and cousins in Spring, near Houston. I've been across the pond to visit them a few times, and visited San Antonio too.

Shit Big Ed, I live about 5 minutes from Spring, that's where my last house was before my current place. 

OT:  Welcome LW, enjoy your stay, this is a great community. The Gaming Sessions make it super easy to find people to play with

Shit Big Ed, I live about 5 minutes from Spring, that's where my last house was before my current place. 

OT:  Welcome LW, enjoy your stay, this is a great community. The Gaming Sessions make it super easy to find people to play with

Thank you. Nice to see another Texan on here. :)

giphy.gif

Hi back!

I went to the Nasa tour once when I was a little kid, so must have been there. I remember the woman who took the tour kept telling us to be very quiet because the people working were real scientists doing real stuff. As a result, the tour was quite boring, even to a space nerd like I was at the time. 

It livened up when I asked my cousin: "What's this room supposed to be?"

He replied: "This is where we have to find Waldo." before shouting at the top of his voice "Look, there he is, I found Waldo!".

The tour guide and scientists were very unimpressed. My whole family were rolling around laughing though, and giggled throughout the rest of the tour.

I went on that dang tour so many times that I started to dread it. Everything in Clear Lake is space-themed. Our parks, our local Frye's electronics, everything! I actually got to go into the control room once becasue it was "bring your kid to work day" and my grandfather helped design software for the shuttles. Pretty cool!