Movies & Blu-Ray News Thread

Souls_BaKer

I don't usually collect Blu-rays or DVDs but I got Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery the other day. Love the TV show, definitely recommend it if you're into mystery.

Try to watch the episode of Psych called Dual Spires (Get it? Twin Peaks/Dual Spires?!) The show is a comedy but pays so much homage to Twin Peaks, any fan will appreciate how much they incorporated into the episode.

This right here.... right here. THIS is my baby <3 Watch the whole set at least 4 to 5 times a year. (Cannot wait for Season 10 in January :yay: )

*snip*X-Files Complete collection*snip*

As someone who watched it when it first aired and just started re-watching it from the beginning (currently half way through season 3), this show did *not* stand the test of time for me. Wow, did I hype myself up over the years. Dialog is terrible so far. I'm trying to get through it again before season 10 starts, but it's rough. And this is from someone that bailed on his cronies on multiple occasions to catch the show. (Life before TiVo was horrible!)

I just bought the entire Fringe collection on dvd 

Fringe IS was I thought X Files WAS. It is one of my top 3 favorite shows or all time and rewatching it binge-style made it even better than watching it weekly when it aired.

The only Blu Ray I own is Inception and I could watch that movie a dozen times and still be in awe of it.

My great hope was instead of having 3-4 episodes on DVD's, when Blu Rays came out, they would fit whole seasons on one disc. In fact, I still hope that someone will take some shows, keep it in 720p, 2.1 audio and just stick the whole season on 1 disc. Not every show benefits from the extra audio channels and resolution. I'd love to buy Smallville that way. 

• Like 1