Solo-ing.

TigressLion

Oooh, well that'll be enjoyable. Will they ever implement raid matchmaking?

No, so if you play a raid with a bunch of retarded monkeys, it's your fault for choosing to play with them, not the matchmaking system's fault.

You can use destinylfg.com to find retarded people. Most of the time I use it, we suceed though. I'm very good carrying the team, it seems.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 1

As I don't really have any friends with Destiny I have a question. Aside dungeons with multiple person switches, is solo-ing Raids/strikes doable and if so is Destiny enjoyable alone? I'm a lvl 14 Warlock, just curious as to what's ahead for me.

As others said strikes do have matchmaking, however if your party does leave in the middle of the strike it is definitely still possible to complete without a full fireteam. Depends a lot on skill and your weapons, but you're generally going to take a lot longer if everyone quits.

Soloing the Crota's End raid is possible however it requires specific and good gear, extensive knowledge of the raid and extreme skill. I've put in hundreds of hours into this game and couldn't solo it haha.

Destiny is a really fun game though. Feel free to add me if you want, I'll be playing it a lot more when the next expansion comes out!

• Like 1

Oooh, well that'll be enjoyable. Will they ever implement raid matchmaking?

It's been asked a lot, but even in The Taken King so far they seem to have no plans to add matchmaking to raids. As others have suggested there are numerous websites out there designed specifically for finding other Destiny players whether it be for a raid, strike, Crucible, or just general casual play.

Chances are a lot of people on those websites are some of those annoying elitist Destiny players who'll only let you join if you have specific maxed out weapons, but The Taken King will thankfully be some way wiping that slate clean.

There are most definitely other players looking to do the raids first time, and they are a blast to do. Having an experienced player to explain certain points never hurts, but either way you should try to get around to doing Vault of Glass and Crota's End some time; they are some of the most fun you'll ever have on Destiny.

Do yourself a favor and get some friends to play Destiny with. Destiny is supposed to be played with a group and having friends to do it with makes the game 100x more enjoyable. I'm not just talking about just raids and strikes either. Doing patrols and bounties with friends makes it much less monotonous.