When an item is removed from the Playstation Store...

PleaseHoldOn

Is it gone for good?

Like with P.T. for example.  I downloaded it on this account, the game still exists on my hard drive.  If I deleted it, or the hard drive failed on me, (understanding that it would not be available in the traditional sense)...would I be able to go back onto the Playstation Store, look into my download history and download it again?  Taking a digital distribution service like Steam for example, many games have come and gone from the Steam storefront, but as long as your account "owns" the game... you have free reign to download and re-download as you please.

If this isn't the case, what would happen if a game I paid for was removed from the Store?  Would I not be able to re-download it?  Or do the rules change if it was a free download?

Just trying to get my bearings on how the digital purchasing side of PSN works.  Thanks guys.

It depends on the situation. With most games, you can still download them after they're removed from the store as long as you bought them. If there's ever an exception to this, you'll usually get a message from Sony saying that you can't download it again if it's ever deleted. This happened with P.T. In the case of these games, when you delete it, it's gone forever.

• Like 1