Truffle NPC won't spawn possible glitch (PS Vita version)

Mad

I need the damn NPC trophy but I can't get the Truffle NPC to spawn whatsoever. I made sure to create a surface mushroom biome that's sizable enough and to get rid of mud walls that the game might confuse as an underground jungle. I also made the mushroom Truffle house - mushroom and mushroom walls - and made a mushroom bench and mushroom door. It's been many in-game days and the Truffle STILL doesn't spawn. The world I made the Truffle house in is also in hardmode and I've made sure to kill a few mechanical bosses but not Plantera since there's supposedly a glitch associated with the Truffle not spawning after Plantera is killed. And despite all of this, the Truffle won't spawn whatsoever. I've tried this in two worlds already and still no success. Should I just delete the game data and start all over? I really don't want to have to restart the game from the beginning.

Did you make the biome big enough to change the background for it?

There are only 2 requirements to get the Truffle NPC to spawn. One of them is doing a biome big enough for him with a house suited and the other is waiting him to spawn. I bet you didn't fulfill one of those and are simply calling it a glitch because you can.

Edited by TheYuriG

• 2 months later...

Did you make the biome big enough to change the background for it?

There are only 2 requirements to get the Truffle NPC to spawn. One of them is doing a biome big enough for him with a house suited and the other is waiting him to spawn. I bet you didn't fulfill one of those and are simply calling it a glitch because you can.

Sorry for the 2 month late response but I just got back into the game and still can't get the Truffle to spawn. My mushroom biome has the mushroom biome music but still no Truffle

Just unlocked this trophy so it's not glitched. Are you sure your house is suitable, have you gone into the housing menu and pressed the button to "check" if it's suitable whilst standing in it?

I made a 100 mud block long platform about 30 blocks above the ground so hallow couldn't spread to it and built a mud house on that, with dirt back wall and wooden chair, table, door and torches. Planted a few mushroom seeds and after about half the house had turned blue he moved in.

Sorry for the 2 month late response but I just got back into the game and still can't get the Truffle to spawn. My mushroom biome has the mushroom biome music but still no Truffle

You are still missing something, make the area bigger, check if the housing is suitable and wait longer, it will come eventually, trophy isn't glitched.