My profile banner won't change!

DanteLDK

Hello there, I don't know if this is the right forum to post on, but i noticed that my profile banner won't change whenever I pick a custom image it won't save, it would just go back to the old image I uploaded over a year ago! 

so is something wrong with the site or am I doing it wrong?

Hello there, I don't know if this is the right forum to post on, but i noticed that my profile banner won't change whenever I pick a custom image it won't save, it would just go back to the old image I uploaded over a year ago! 

so is something wrong with the site or am I doing it wrong?

The image upload process is a bit ... confusing, like I think it's been a little "broken" for a while but nobody's really told Sly (the website creator) about it :P

When you go to setting and press "Custom Image", either choose a file or paste the URL and then press "Upload" at the bottom. Now you'll be given the chance to crop the image, then press "Crop" when you finish. Now you'll be brought back to the settings pop-up screen and this is the weird/confusing part: the settings screen will still be showing your old image instead of the new one. Either way you have to press the "Save" button at the bottom-right for it to save your new image, after a few seconds it will say "Your settings have been saved" at the top-left of that pop-up screen - the old image will still be showing up on the settings screen but your new one will technically be saved. Now you can go back to your profile page and refresh the page (or right click the page and select "Reload") which should show your new image.

The process is a bit confusing/unclear with it still showing your old image after crop and you needing to press save and stuff, Sly should try to clean that up a little if he can :P

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

You don't need to save after cropping, it's because of your browser cache that it shows the old one.

Oh, yeah I just tried it and I guess you don't need to save, it looks like it applies after you press crop. I remember it not working work when I just pressed crop like a year or two ago... Oh well, yeah, just refresh after you press crop then xD

Edited by BlindMango