Provide a clear way to import out the banner images from games on the site for use within the site (trophy cabinets)

Jeygopi

I may have missed the boat, but I haven't noticed a clear way to extract the banner images without the statistics at the bottom of the banner image in games for use in trophy cabinets and such, I find they are the nicest artwork of the game in general, and it would be cool if it was possible to do that, if it's infringing I guess it would cause a lot of issues to make it available even within the site. 

If youre unsure of what I'm talking about, I mean the image that appears behind the 'Game owners, Platinum achievers, Average Completion, Trophies earned and 100% completed 'statistics.

Thanks everyone

I may have missed the boat, but I haven't noticed a clear way to extract the banner images without the statistics at the bottom of the banner image in games for use in trophy cabinets and such, I find they are the nicest artwork of the game in general, and it would be cool if it was possible to do that, if it's infringing I guess it would cause a lot of issues to make it available even within the site. 

If youre unsure of what I'm talking about, I mean the image that appears behind the 'Game owners, Platinum achievers, Average Completion, Trophies earned and 100% completed 'statistics.

Thanks everyone

So you just want to know how to save whatever banner image is being used for a certain game? I know one way (note that I'm using Firefox, so it may be different for other browsers):

1. Find the image you want
  2. Right click somewhere on the page
  3. Click "View Page Info", then the "Media" tab
  4. Then just scroll through all the images till you find the one you want & click "Save As" (the one you're looking for should be a "background" type image).

Hope this helped. ^_^

Thanks everyone

Hey, the images are behind many "layers" so it's not as simple as right-clicking the image and asking to get the image in a new tab.

This is for Google Chrome (I think it's similar on other browsers): Go to the page you want and right click anywhere on the page and press "Inspect Element", a panel will show up with a bunch of HTML code, press the "Recources" tab at the top, then click the arrow next to the "Frames" folder, then the arrow next to the next folder, then click the arrow next to "Images", then click on the first entry under images and then just keep pressing the down arrow key until you eventually find the banner image. Once you do, right-click it to open it in a new tab where you can then save it and so on.  ;)

For the most part, there are bigger versions of these images, so if you want that you can send me a private message asking for the bigger versions. 

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

I think you'd be better off just Googling the games since you can find the whole image as opposed to the 1920 x 460 version displayed in the banner.

For example, check the Final Fantasy XIII banner, it's all nice and sweet but check out the original artwork. Way bigger, right?

I was also going to post exactly how to "extract" the image from the site but BlindMango beat me to it. :ninja:  

• Like 1