Lingua Franca optional mission glitch or misdiscription

Hey Guys

Anyone facing an issue with Mission Lingua Franca optional mission "Extract a container materials"?

I extracted all container and still this optional mission task not ticked/completed.

I watched a video and the guy was using warmhole (which I didn't unlock yet) and he got it done. But still after extracting 3rd container.

Any suggestions?

• Like 1

Hey, man. First off, this game is full of bugs apparently. I have my own issue with the no rank being recorded for mission 4, thus locking me out of the "Elite" and "Collector" trophies. But as for your issue, I just tested it out myself and extracted the red and white containers at kiziba camp and nope it didn't say I completed the task. So great to know there's another bug myself and others may have to worry about.

T______T  This damn game...

Edited by youthCAT1590

Hey, man. First off, this game is full of bugs apparently. I have my own issue with the no rank being recorded for mission 4, thus locking me out of the "Elite" and "Collector" trophies. But as for your issue, I just tested it out myself and extracted the red and white containers at kiziba camp and nope it didn't say I completed the task. So great to know there's another bug myself and others may have to worry about.

T______T  This damn game...

I see you are already finished the game. And I assume you tried extraction with warmhole Fulton recovery! Am I right? or you just used the normal Fulton?

It didn't work for a couple turns but I grabbed all 4 containers and it dinged for me finally. Grab the 2 near where they interrogate the Viscount and 2 where they interrogate the 2 prisoners. One of those will eventually give you the credit. I'd honestly suggest just getting all the other mission tasks done and just go into the mission and grab the 4 containers immediately. If it doesn't trigger then Restart. When it finally triggers go and grab the Viscount. Honestly the only thing you can really do.

• Like 3

It didn't work for a couple turns but I grabbed all 4 containers and it dinged for me finally. Grab the 2 near where they interrogate the Viscount and 2 where they interrogate the 2 prisoners. One of those will eventually give you the credit. I'd honestly suggest just getting all the other mission tasks done and just go into the mission and grab the 4 containers immediately. If it doesn't trigger then Restart. When it finally triggers go and grab the Viscount. Honestly the only thing you can really do.

I really liked the suggestion. I was thinking of doing this actually. It is just boring. But good approach if the task is glitched.

Yea this worked perfectly. Got the task completed.

• Like 1

I have a glitch/problem with the listen to the conversations. I got them all but when I'm at the viscount spot it stops. Yesterday I waited 20 minutes and they just stood there doing nothing. I didn't kill anybody, they shouldn't know that I'm there. And yet very single time the last conversation won't trigger.  :(

I have a glitch/problem with the listen to the conversations. I got them all but when I'm at the viscount spot it stops. Yesterday I waited 20 minutes and they just stood there doing nothing. I didn't kill anybody, they shouldn't know that I'm there. And yet very single time the last conversation won't trigger.  :(

They can't enter an alert for any reason at all. The easiest way, although more time consuming as it takes multiple plays, is to not save anyone besides the Viscount. Identify the Interpreter and just follow his circle around looking at him through the Intscope. It has a huge range on it so you can eavesdrop and be in a safe position. Just stay out of the way and let the 2 guys go through their script without touching anything. Unless you take the whole camp out you'll probably cause an alert if you take a materials container. So it's easier to just do the conversation by itself. Very time consuming but the safest method.

I really liked the suggestion. I was thinking of doing this actually. It is just boring. But good approach if the task is glitched.

Boring? Yup. Not to mention this is one of those horrible eavesdrop missions. Nothing like sitting on a roof for 20 minutes while NPCs walk around when you can finish the mission in 3 or so minutes.

Edited by Yadilie

I don't think there's an accurate answer to give for this. I tried multiple times, restarting the mission, extracting the containers, but to no avail. Along with the Viscount, falling over and not getting up again so the last interrogation couldn't take place. I gave up and did some other missions, went back to a few days later, when I extracted the 4th container, it popped, so maybe it is all 4 containers at once (although that's not what it says so... very confusing). As for the Viscount, I also did that when I went back, by not scanning the viscount or the guard with him too early and also keeping your distance from the house they interrogate him at after all the other interrogations. Once you've had the interrogation with the 2 people together, place yourself a fair distance away from the house they interrogate at (i'd say 50-100m) and the viscount and his guard at the same time, and wait until sunset. DD helps, as you can see where the viscount is and whether he is one the move to the house without scanning him. Hope that ramble makes sense, and helps!

I don't think there's an accurate answer to give for this. I tried multiple times, restarting the mission, extracting the containers, but to no avail. Along with the Viscount, falling over and not getting up again so the last interrogation couldn't take place. I gave up and did some other missions, went back to a few days later, when I extracted the 4th container, it popped, so maybe it is all 4 containers at once (although that's not what it says so... very confusing). As for the Viscount, I also did that when I went back, by not scanning the viscount or the guard with him too early and also keeping your distance from the house they interrogate him at after all the other interrogations. Once you've had the interrogation with the 2 people together, place yourself a fair distance away from the house they interrogate at (i'd say 50-100m) and the viscount and his guard at the same time, and wait until sunset. DD helps, as you can see where the viscount is and whether he is one the move to the house without scanning him. Hope that ramble makes sense, and helps!

Thanks dude. I think it is trial and error. We just need to keep trying :(

And no it doesn't require the 4 of them to be extracted. Because I watched a video and where the task ticked as completed by extracting the 3rd container :$

It is just a glitched mission that's all I guess

• Like 1

They can't enter an alert for any reason at all. The easiest way, although more time consuming as it takes multiple plays, is to not save anyone besides the Viscount. Identify the Interpreter and just follow his circle around looking at him through the Intscope. It has a huge range on it so you can eavesdrop and be in a safe position. Just stay out of the way and let the 2 guys go through their script without touching anything. Unless you take the whole camp out you'll probably cause an alert if you take a materials container. So it's easier to just do the conversation by itself. Very time consuming but the safest method.

They didn't that's just the part that is frustrating. I used the cammo hide 50meters looked waited and waited went to the next conversation. Hide under the house so to be sure not to be seen.

And when I went to the final location nothing. One time the viscount just ran away alone and the guard stayed in the little house...

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks dude. I think it is trial and error. We just need to keep trying :(

And no it doesn't require the 4 of them to be extracted. Because I watched a video and where the task ticked as completed by extracting the 3rd container :$

It is just a glitched mission that's all I guess

have you gotten the containers already? mine is there are no containers present!!! help! :( waaah

• 9 months later...

I simply deleted the game and reinserted the Game Disc (After I uploaded my GS Data to PS+) and let it re-install. What I noticed was my first initial install had like 4 or 5 different Rev`s or Ver like Game Data 1.06 etc.

Upon re-install I only have two now, Ver 1.10 and 1.11 called Game Data and everything is working, including the re-spawning of all containers.

Edited by snacklepuss