Black Spindle Available only on Today Daily Heroic

Aranea Highwind

Only available for today. When you participate on the Daily Heroic mission if you run towards the door near Taniks ketch you will hear a different dialogue about Taken's being near. Once you aboard Taniks ship you will have to finish the mission before 10 minutes or you will be returned to Orbit and have start the mission all over again. The reward is an Exotic Sniper Rifle called "Black Spindle" which looks and acts the same way the Black Hammer before it was nerfed. Polygon posted a strategy of how to complete this stage as this one is not easy at all.

Screen_Shot_2015-09-23_at_11.24.15_AM.0.

1. Run today's Daily Heroic Story, Lost to Light. Bring a full fireteam, preferably with everyone over Light Level 290.
  2. Near the end of the mission, after opening up the two sealed doors, run all the way past the room with the third locked door, down a hallway past the Hive lamp.
  3. You should get a warning from your Ghost about a Fallen distress signal. Follow this hallway up to the lift, which is the entrance to the Shadow Thief strike.
  4. After entering the first room of this strike, you'll have 10 minutes to fight your way to the end. I recommend bringing a Void Heavy Weapon to take out the Taken Wizards, as well as a high impact sniper rifle for the boss.
  5. Try to get to the final room of the strike with six to seven minutes remaining.
  6. Have one member of your party in charge of destroying the Taken Blights as quickly as possible, to limit the number of adds.
  7. Try to keep your party somewhat separate, so the boss' projectiles don't blind all of you at once.
  8. Have the other two members of your party burn the boss, helping to clear the Blights whenever they spawn.
  9. After beating the boss, clean up the adds — make sure you manage their numbers the whole fight, our group lost at this step four or five times.
  10. Receive the 310 Exotic Sniper Black Spindle.

Good luck!

http://www.polygon.com/2015/9/23/9383759/destiny-black-spindle-video-guide-strategy

• Like 2

Uhhhhh you do know you're able to do it any time you want, right? It's not "Exclusive for today only" Just start up the mission on 240 Light and you can get the gun any time you want, lol...

Eh no. Prior today the Sniper could not be obtained. It might become available as a guarantee drop from today onward but is better not to take chances.

Edited by Paige
  • Like 2

Think maybe they're referencing the fact that Black Hammer is a year 1 weapon and has been essentially left behind, RIP.

What I meant was that from the post it looked like that it had the infinite ammo attached to it, like the old BH had. I checked the perks of the weapon online and it seemed to be just like the BH is at the current moment.

My mistake. This is basically an exotic version of the nerfed Black Hammer. This took me over 10 times to obtain.

Still good enough, it's a special 'Bad Juju'. Don't the weapon have the fixed drop? Or were you going overtime?

What I meant was that from the post it looked like that it had the infinite ammo attached to it, like the old BH had. I checked the perks of the weapon online and it seemed to be just like the BH is at the current moment.

Still good enough, it's a special 'Bad Juju'. Don't the weapon have the fixed drop? Or were you going overtime?

Anyone who completes the daily heroic today by using the alternate route is guarantee to receive the weapon. There is also a ship dropping if you complete the mission using the alternate route but that's a random drop. The weapon is currently dropping at 310 attack which was a mistake that Bungie will fix really soon. The weapon attack power will be lowered to 290, but anyone who infuses with another weapon won't be affected.

Also what i meant when saying "overt 10 times" is because the mission is really difficult.  :) 

Edited by Paige

Anyone who completes the daily heroic today by using the alternate route is guarantee to receive the weapon. There is also a ship dropping if you complete the mission using the alternate route but that's a random drop. The weapon is currently dropping at 310 attack which was a mistake that Bungie will fix really soon. The weapon attack power will be lowered to 290, but anyone who infuses with another weapon won't be affected.

Also what i meant when saying "overt 10 times" is because the mission is really difficult.  :) 

I suppose it is difficult, there is people on LFG paying for help, it's insane! It's only an exotic, people gonna be swimming in them after a month. My question was regarding why did you have to play over 10 times. Running out of time? Getting wiped?

I suppose it is difficult, there is people on LFG paying for help, it's insane! It's only an exotic, people gonna be swimming in them after a month. My question was regarding why did you have to play over 10 times. Running out of time? Getting wiped?

Well so far the sniper has a high impact which means this will be very useful for the Raid when facing off against the bullet sponge Golgoroth. 

Well so far the sniper has a high impact which means this will be very useful for the Raid when facing off against the bullet sponge Golgoroth. 

with a 310 attack, it's not something we can pass on :awesome:

It's getting retroactively dropped back to 290. Weapons infused with it to get the higher attack will be left alone.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3m4ufn/bungie_news_a_funny_thing_happened_to_black/

Just a heads up the secret mission is no longer available making this weapon unobtainable (unless it becomes a daily heroic). Now that Destiny has over 40 missions this might take a while.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RobEngeln/status/646763078416207872

When you wiped, I'm guessing from the time constraint, did you have to start the story mission over or was there a cp?

On a small tangent, I did that mission earlier today on one of my other characters to level up and get through the story and the door was closed going to the ketch. I was able to scan the door and the ghost said something about fallen fingerprints all over the door and that we'd just missed them. I knew that I wouldn't be able to access that area today, but I thought it was funny how Bungie handled it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RobEngeln/status/646763078416207872

When you wiped, I'm guessing from the time constraint, did you have to start the story mission over or was there a cp?

On a small tangent, I did that mission earlier today on one of my other characters to level up and get through the story and the door was closed going to the ketch. I was able to scan the door and the ghost said something about fallen fingerprints all over the door and that we'd just missed them. I knew that I wouldn't be able to access that area today, but I thought it was funny how Bungie handled it.

When you activate the secret mission the old nightfall modifier activates, which means if you don't beat the mission on 10 minutes you are send to Orbit and have start the mission all over again. The whole fireteam can die and not being send to Orbit but the respawn time is of 20 seconds (10 seconds for revival). In my opinion swords are the way to go for this mission. I linked below a video when i managed to successfully to obtain the exotic.

• Like 1

The secret mission is back for today. Complete it while you can to obtain the Black Spindle exotic.

Has the 310 spindle glitch been patched yet? I don't remember seeing it on the last patch.

Edit: Nevermind. I just read that the patch is coming out some time today. It'll be 290 by the time I have a change to go for it. :|

Edited by Rowdi

Has the 310 spindle glitch been patched yet? I don't remember seeing it on the last patch.

Edit: Nevermind. I just read that the patch is coming out some time today. It'll be 290 by the time I have a change to go for it. :|

I just completed the mission a few mins ago (post patch) and the weapon still dropped at 310. I quickly infused it with another high impact sniper i have Eirene RR4.

• Like 1