A problem trying to mute the Playstation Wireless Stereo Headset 2.0

SuffyZorugelion

Before you ask, yes I have read the instructions, twice! When I press the mute button, nothing happens. In the manual it says a simple press should do? So I tried various options of holding the button as well because the manual says the headset should have a feature to change sidetone volume, but that doesnt really seem to work either. I've tried the VSS button as well and that doesnt seem to do anything after holding it for a second like the manual says either. Otherwise the headset works great. I'm just puzzled because muting a microphone shouldnt be this hard. Maybe I missed something? I wish they put some lights on this thing to indicate when stuff is on and off.

• Like 1

Before you ask, yes I have read the instructions, twice! When I press the mute button, nothing happens. In the manual it says a simple press should do? So I tried various options of holding the button as well because the manual says the headset should have a feature to change sidetone volume, but that doesnt really seem to work either. I've tried the VSS button as well and that doesnt seem to do anything after holding it for a second like the manual says either. Otherwise the headset works great. I'm just puzzled because muting a microphone shouldnt be this hard. Maybe I missed something? I wish they put some lights on this thing to indicate when stuff is on and off.

This happens to me a lot too I wonder whats causing the issue.

• Like 1

I think I actually just got an idea what might be causing this. I've been using the headset plugged into my controller because I've been lazy recharging it. Once I connected it to my PS4 with the USB cable and pressed the button it worked. So I assume if it's connected to the controller it's not fully functional and only running on low battery so the controller cable can keep it going.