Looking for a studying/gaming laptop

Kaph-

Hi, I just registered to take the CFA exam in June and I need a good laptop to study. I will spend tons of hours studying on that laptop, so i'm ready to invest up to 1200$ USD  for a good quality laptop.

Also, I mostly game on my PS4 now, but it would be a plus if I could game on the laptop as well.

I did some research and found these two laptops:

http://www.amazon.ca/Acer-Aspire-VN7-791G-77HR-17-3-Inch-Gaming/dp/B00O56K88Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1444086985&sr=8-1&keywords=Acer+Aspire+V+Nitro+Black+Edition+VN7-791G

http://www.amazon.ca/Zenbook-13-3-Inch-Ultra-Slim-Aluminum-UX305FA-ASM1/dp/B00SGS7ZH4/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1444087129&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=azus+zenbook

What do you guys think? Feel free to suggest any other laptops.

Thanks,

Kaph

I'm not sure what the CFA is, but will you be studying at home with a guaranteed power port/the laptop always plugged in, or will you need to be on battery for the majority of your studying? That was a huge factor for me when I picked up a laptop for studying. I'd go with the Asus if you're going to be on battery for a while, since studying capability > gaming capability as it looks like a damn good laptop and the battery life is great. If you're certain you can use it plugged in whenever you need to, the Acer.

Edited by Banxiee
  • Like 1

I will be studying at home most of the time and I will be able to plug it when needed. I think I will go with the Acer. Also, I was worried that the Asus screen was too small to study..

Thanks for your help, it is appreciated!

Edited by Kaph-

Asus is the better brand than Acer, and for the screen issue, can always get a second monitor for really cheap unless not enough room.  As for gaming on those laptops, it would be light gaming if anything.  You might want to check US custom PC sites that make laptops just for gaming, but you will be paying a premium.

ACER VN7-591G-787T, no light gaming on this one.

i7 4720HQ 2,6GHz (turbo up to 3,5 GHz)

16 GB ram

Full HD screen 1080p

2 TB HDD

Nvidia GTX 860m

Or you could buy those Clevo laptops where you pick the parts you want, if you want to game make sure to pick an 860m or 960m, at least.