Use HARD mode when Looking for a Zombie Villager or Endermen

markcavan

If you are like me and spent a huge amount of time looking for a zombie villager on a easy map and could not find one then this method worked for me...  tested it on PS3 and PSVita and worked within minutes...

1. Go to any village on easy or peaceful, I picked the large one in the tutorial world in the desert.
  2. Break all the doors to the houses so the villagers have less places to hide at night.
  3. Now save just before nighttime and then reload on HARD, yes hard.  
  4. After a few minutes villagers start to get killed and quickly enough afterwards a Zombie Villager will either spawn or will be turned from a normal zombie into Zombie Villager.

Don't be afraid of playing on hard for the Zombie Doctor trophy, its not actually that hard, just way more monsters and they are a little harder to kill but if you have a diamond sword with enchantment its still easy enough. 

BTW, for Endermen if you are farming Ender pearls also use hard, WAY MORE SPAWN on hard and having enchanted looting on your sword will mean you will get 2 or even 4 when they drop them.  I collected 12 during 1 night on hard mode.

A villager killed by a zombie has a:

0% chance of become a zombie villager on easy

50% chance of become a zombie villager on normal

100% chance of become a zombie villager on hard

Changing the difficulty to HARD doesn't improve spawning rates it only improve the possibility of a mob to spawn with armor/better armor, it increase the damage that mobs deal to a player and creeper explosions are more dangerous.. so you can delete the Endermen part. The rest is all useful and you might talk to the guy that created the Minecraft guide so he can add this in it. 

• 6 years later...

Since the world that I was created in had only 1 Villager in it and they were killed somehow, and there was no villager or zombie villager below the igloo, as my Seed was just bugged from the get go, I had to find zombie villagers to start my village.  I did try going from Easy to Hard and was unsucessful.  When you want to find Enderman, absolutely use Hard, and if you already have villagers and are trying to get the trophy related to curing one, then yes you can let a zombie turn your villager into one.

However to find them out in the open, I looked around for while, even set up little cells to put them in and see if they would spawn through the day.  Monsters sometimes did, yet not a Zombie Villager.  

After switching the difficulty back to Normal, I found 2 Zombie Villagers within 30 minutes of each other, or very fast.  It seems lowering the diifficulty back to normal reduced the amount of wasted spawns on enderman.  I found the 2, transported them, and bred them, now have 18 villagers.

I recommend Hard for Endermen

Normal for Zombie Villagers