Thoughts on Alekhine's Gun

Killah184

I don't have much faith in this game. It is by Maximum Games anyway....... Looks like a ps3 game in my opinion. I hope i'm wrong though!

What else did Maximum Games develop? Sniper?

Looked interesting, I may check it out after it gets reduced in price.

I hope I can wait that long. I'm a sucker for stealth action games

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Since this game is currently on sale (3€ in my country), I gave it a try.

On 01/11/2015 at 11:55 AM, greenpoison79 said:

I don't have much faith in this game. It is by Maximum Games anyway....... Looks like a ps3 game in my opinion. I hope i'm wrong though!

100% true. The game is horrible in terms of graphism, AI, and more importantly, gameplay.

On 11/02/2016 at 2:09 PM, LetsTurnJu-On said:

After playing MGS5 (my first stealth game), I'm looking forward to whenever I'll have the money to buy this

Ooooh boy.. MGS V is one of the greatest game on PS4. This game looks like a PS3 game. Sure the comparison isn't fair regarding of the budget, so let me illustrate this nightmare with a simple example: in Alekhine's Gun, you CAN'T reverse the camera. You just can't, devs do not provide any option to change this. That's the same with X/Y sensibility, it's impossible to change.

On 04/03/2016 at 5:25 AM, Killah184 said:

As a fan of stealth genre, this game is absolutely terrible!

Definitely. There is no stealth in this game, enemies are too dumb.

I won't write a long complain about this game, there is no need to. If you're reading this message, don't buy this game, it does not worth your time and money. If you really want to play it, then follow this series of videos to quickly end your pain:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

One of the worst game ever played. Gameplay totally broken. Luckily I've just wasted 1.99 euros, and I still think it was a robbery for this game.
In the very first level, I was unbelievably stuck in the first area: two enemies behind a lorry. After getting rid of them, the scene after was badly broken: I should have gone directly from the main entrance of the building, but sneaking and taking them down silently was impossible due to the bugged furnitures and scripted path of the enemies. Just terrifying. Worst experience ever.