Help!

Evertonian

I know I have bleated about this title in other topics, but I have a specific thing that is puzzling me and I wondered if anyone knows the answer

After months I finally thought I was going to bag the open every encounter and every weapon trophies.

I thought this because I finally opened every token on every card in the pack or at least as the pack appears to me.

I have a horrible feeling that the game may well be counting card tokens only available in the DLC as part of the requirements now for the original game.

Looking at the trophies it seems no one has bagged them lately

So is there other encounter tokens and weapon tokens available when you have beaten all of the ones on the cards and all of the ones for all of the story mode matches, because I just cannot see how I can open tokens that don't seem to exist

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

I know I have bleated about this title in other topics, but I have a specific thing that is puzzling me and I wondered if anyone knows the answer

After months I finally thought I was going to bag the open every encounter and every weapon trophies.

I thought this because I finally opened every token on every card in the pack or at least as the pack appears to me.

I have a horrible feeling that the game may well be counting card tokens only available in the DLC as part of the requirements now for the original game.

Looking at the trophies it seems no one has bagged them lately

So is there other encounter tokens and weapon tokens available when you have beaten all of the ones on the cards and all of the ones for all of the story mode matches, because I just cannot see how I can open tokens that don't seem to exist

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

There are tokens that unlock as you go through story. You get new encounters and quests etc. I think some only unlock after the Dealer, but I could be totally off about this. Let's check the wiki on that! :P Also, I think The Apprentice and Warlord are considered a part of the base game now, so gotta do those quest lines as well I think.

http://handoffate.gamepedia.com/Category:Encounters

Is there any of these you haven't unlocked? It should say how to unlock most of them on their respective pages as well.

http://handoffate.gamepedia.com/Category:Equipment

^ Equipment!

They also have a lot more guides and similar for this game on steam:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/266510/guides/

Oh, and if you really need the DLC stuff, then it should be out for EU in some few days (they had forgotten to set the price for EU, so it didn't appear here yet lol, and they didn't notice before I told them about it), and you may want to go on their steam pages and tell them about the problem.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

cheers matey

not done the warlord stuff

I reckon I have all the tokens from original base game

seems wrong to me that I don't get the trophies now but if I had not updated my game I would have

will look at that wiki and see what is not on my lists and then try and sort it

very kind of you to answer sir

cheers matey

not done the warlord stuff

I reckon I have all the tokens from original base game

seems wrong to me that I don't get the trophies now but if I had not updated my game I would have

will look at that wiki and see what is not on my lists and then try and sort it

very kind of you to answer sir

np, and yeah, that's unfair and not the way it's supposed to work. The game had as you know some additional trophies added to the base game. When I unlocked those, the platinum popped for the second time as well! :P You can also unlock trophies in the DLC without the DLC. So yeah, this is strange stuff, and I talked with the person/people who did it. You should complain about it if the trophy doesn't unlock after doing all the quests, including apprentice and warlord and after having beaten the dealer etc.

The DLC should be out for PS3 in EU on the 18th of November. That's tomorrow, so let's see if that happens, but I think it's Sony's fault if it takes longer than that.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

well it looks like sadly my thoughts are correct

I did have all the original ones and its just the warlord stuff that I have to unlock

seems a bit harsh that I now need to beat the levels on hard in order to open extra tokens that were not there before

I used to quite enjoy this frustrating title but now its less on the fun side and more of a complete grind

Managed to do warlord I and II but warlord III (which I hope must be the last) requires you to have the full skeleton gear prior to landing on the card. As I have only ever managed that once before anyway it does look like it will be a while before I get that token. If there is warlord IV and it requires the full dragon then I am deleting the title lol

Not sure how Sony approved the dev changing the original game requirements like this

v disappointing

well it looks like sadly my thoughts are correct

I did have all the original ones and its just the warlord stuff that I have to unlock

seems a bit harsh that I now need to beat the levels on hard in order to open extra tokens that were not there before

I used to quite enjoy this frustrating title but now its less on the fun side and more of a complete grind

Managed to do warlord I and II but warlord III (which I hope must be the last) requires you to have the full skeleton gear prior to landing on the card. As I have only ever managed that once before anyway it does look like it will be a while before I get that token. If there is warlord IV and it requires the full dragon then I am deleting the title lol

Not sure how Sony approved the dev changing the original game requirements like this

v disappointing

I've given that like 3 runs, and almost made it each time, so it's probably not that hard. Just make sure that's the only ones of that type of equipment in your deck. Also, I recommend the level Jack of Scales for doing this.

• Like 1

cheers

will keep trying

kept getting two of the items equipped and then kept reaching the card too early

I do hope that its only 3 levels of warlord card needed!

edit....yeah looks like that is the lot of it,

should release one more weapon card and one more encounter card and I guess once I have done that encounter it should be the two trophies popping

worryingly though the dlc has more weapons/encounters so I do hope that those are not needed....from the look of how far the completion bar is across I reckon not, but with the devs mucking about so badly you never know

Edited by Evertonian

cheers

will keep trying

kept getting two of the items equipped and then kept reaching the card too early

I do hope that its only 3 levels of warlord card needed!

edit....yeah looks like that is the lot of it,

should release one more weapon card and one more encounter card and I guess once I have done that encounter it should be the two trophies popping

worryingly though the dlc has more weapons/encounters so I do hope that those are not needed....from the look of how far the completion bar is across I reckon not, but with the devs mucking about so badly you never know

Totally forgot to mention that you should make sure to have good encounter cards as well. Include cards that usually gets you something good. For example the canyon card or whatever, it should get you the sword each time. The various "chests"/"treasure" cards are also likely to get you equipment. Same goes for maze. Don't include cards with fights, unless they are easily skippable/optional. Have cards that gets you extra gold and stuff. Also the shop. Visit all the shops that can sell the equipment you need, which I think might just be the normal shop in this case. The loan card is nice to get early, for then to get lots of money later on.

Quit the game if you get bad chance cards etc, and just start it again to get another chance at it. (Quit and load) ;)

If you find some chance cards very annoying, like you need some combo, then you may want to hit the record button on PS4 and record the shuffles. Then play it back pause/play quickly over and over again until you see how the cards are shuffled. I've done this a couple of times with great success. It's not easy, but I've actually never failed doing it. Just gotta watch for what order the cards lay in as they are put together, and what order they come out again and where they go etc.

The DLC should be released today sometime, or at least at next store update.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

Well I beat Warlord III and that released the Blacksmith Encounter card for use in Warlord difficulty

Sadly to get that token you need to pick High Success followed by beating a King and Queen boss at same time. With the extra toughness of Warlord this is beyond my skill level :(

If anyone buys this game (I see its on sale again here in UK) then do not update it to v1.06/7 as its just tens of hours of extra work and frustration to get some of the trophies

Well I beat Warlord III and that released the Blacksmith Encounter card for use in Warlord difficulty

Sadly to get that token you need to pick High Success followed by beating a King and Queen boss at same time. With the extra toughness of Warlord this is beyond my skill level :(

If anyone buys this game (I see its on sale again here in UK) then do not update it to v1.06/7 as its just tens of hours of extra work and frustration to get some of the trophies

I've not done that encounter yet. Gonna have to look that fight up.

Oh, the Blacksmith encounter. I think your enemies was picked at random. I have already beaten this card pre-patch, and I never had any big issues with it, but you can be unlucky and get some hard enemies. Try some few more times, and you may have better luck with the enemies a next time. With some luck you can turn off the game after your opponents have been picked at random and then go do another encounter instead first to draw some enemy cards and not get two hard enemies at once against the Blacksmith.

But by the below, it seems you may only meet King of Plague and Queen of Scales. You may think those two enemies are hard together, but honestly, not the hardest fight. I guess the King is the most annoying, get rid of it as soon as possible. Stay away from the Queen until most enemies are dead, and counter every distance attack from it. The Queen is what will do the most damage if hitting you. Be careful with the scale enemies too, they can do lots of damage. Bash you shield at 'em to break their shield so you can attack and doesn't just hit their shield over and over. I'd do the Plague enemies first. Be careful about going near dead Plague bodies, they are poisonous. With some good equipment, some luck and some practice, you should be able to do it just fine. If you die, just quickly quit the game, and try again. You essentially get infinite retries at it, just make sure you got decent equipment. Stack your deck so you only get good equipment! :) Don't give up so easily! xD I'm going to have the hardest time with the Dealer on Warlord trophy. That trophy may be what keeps me away from 100% in the end, but I will just have to do what I told you until I make it. I still can't get the DLC, so that's a load of crap. Will give it another week, and if it still doesn't appear, gonna complain again!

"Huge Success (x1 dealt):

You are drawn to torchlight up ahead and discover the blacksmith and his son together, surrounded by a group of dead creatures. "My papa killed these beasts, but there's more coming!" says the boy. The blacksmith is clearly injured and can barely stand. "The boy speaks the truth." says the blacksmith. "If you fight them here - give us a chance to get out - I will be greatly in your debt." "Here they come!" the boy yells, in fear. The blacksmith and his son stumble out of the cave as best they can, away from the danger. Draw 2 Monster Cards. (Note: At untested conditions, the first encounter reliably draws a King of Plague and a Queen of Scales at once.) After the battle, you follow the blacksmith and his son to the surface. Acquire card's token. "I owe you a great debt, friend." says the blacksmith. "Give me a chance to heal these wounds, then visit me whenever you need some equipment.""

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

thanks again

they are definitely the only pair you get for this token

Sadly whilst I have no problem beating them on default, on Warlord with little health and the extra strength of the enemy, I have no chance. I have tried it now several times. Stacking the deck is done but now you have to have 40 cards in play it makes getting a decent weapon combo very much more rare.

I will keep going I guess as I have spent so many hours already, but its just ultimately incredibly frustrating when I am not only unable to beat it, but also know pre patch I would not have to

Might just try and mop up the other missing trophies I have first on normal diff, so at least I feel I have made some further progress

DLC still not here either and quite frankly after this stunt they have pulled with the trophies, I will be very reluctant to send them another 4.99 of my hard earned!

Cheers for the advice MMDE....all very much appreciated, and if you are complaining to the devs then add in a moan from me!

Yee and haw

finally bagged them!

Very nearly deleted the game when I had managed to get to 160 health, have the artefact that allows you to reboot your health three times and the Kracken sword to bash the lizards and then did not get the Blacksmith card lol

But two goes later the card turned up immediately and this time I beat the two bosses with only 80 health. A close run thing with the Rat King dying when I was down to the merest sliver of health

Two games later I had done the tokens from the new ones that released and the two gold trophies were mine

Then staggeringly managed to get the Dragon equipment done with a bit of moving from shop to shop and back again

So just the 10 blessings trophy and the beat one of each beastie trophy to go and I am plat!

Thanks for the tips MMDE!

Yee and haw

finally bagged them!

Very nearly deleted the game when I had managed to get to 160 health, have the artefact that allows you to reboot your health three times and the Kracken sword to bash the lizards and then did not get the Blacksmith card lol

But two goes later the card turned up immediately and this time I beat the two bosses with only 80 health. A close run thing with the Rat King dying when I was down to the merest sliver of health

Two games later I had done the tokens from the new ones that released and the two gold trophies were mine

Then staggeringly managed to get the Dragon equipment done with a bit of moving from shop to shop and back again

So just the 10 blessings trophy and the beat one of each beastie trophy to go and I am plat!

Thanks for the tips MMDE!

I don't know if you can get 10 blessings as the Apprentice, but it is by far easier to get after having been reset with the Nymph card from the beginning and got enough gold, food and equipment to be stacked up to basically make more food per move than you spend. This is done mostly through the blessing you start with from the nymph, which is a reward card every 5 or 10 or whatever move, and through effects from the rings etc. You basically walk back and forth near a shop (should be shop and not the other ones, because it has cheaper food). Walk to you run out of food, and just lose health until you can just make it back to the shop in time to buy more food. The more you walk, the more rewards you get, and you can get extra blessings, which really helps! Make sure you stack your deck with the appropriate rings etc, and take out rings that may ruin such a run for you. You can end up with thousands of health this way, but more importantly the ten blessings.

The beat one of each enemy is kind of tricky, because it must be done without exiting the game. Like without turning off the PS4 or quitting out of the game etc. I don't know if it can be done as the Apprentice, but if you can, then you got those training cards where you can select an enemy to fight. It should have all the enemies you need. I don't think Kraken is needed, but it may be. Just continue playing until you've fought all the normal enemies. If you die or get bad luck, too bad, just keep on playing. You don't need to do it in one game, just without quitting the game, like turning off the game. Dying or starting new quests are fine. Before patch you had no training card, so you just had to meet all the enemies at random. Some of the rarer ones were a pain to meet. Took me many hours to meet them all.

Edited by MMDE

Thanks again for tips mate but sadly I tried in Apprentice and it did not work

So them moving the Nymph card has again made the game harder

Also I beat all 8 of the required kills using the game and the battle practice card on default and the trophy did not pop. I did not quit out or leave the game. So I guess the Battle card does not count or they have added in more things to kill (Maybe I need the Kracken now too)

More and more hours wasted really because of these meddling Devs

Its beyond a joke

Will never purchase any of their titles again!

Thanks again for tips mate but sadly I tried in Apprentice and it did not work

So them moving the Nymph card has again made the game harder

Also I beat all 8 of the required kills using the game and the battle practice card on default and the trophy did not pop. I did not quit out or leave the game. So I guess the Battle card does not count or they have added in more things to kill (Maybe I need the Kracken now too)

More and more hours wasted really because of these meddling Devs

Its beyond a joke

Will never purchase any of their titles again!

lol

Think of it as a patch, but they added extra trophies. In fact, that's just what they did! :P People found that exploit in the game, and devs fixed it. They also added an easy, normal and hard mode, because people complained it was too hard.

You are mad you gotta do it legit and don't get to exploit the game! :P The beat dealer on warlord trophy, I may never get that one, because that just seems painful. Gotta get extremely lucky and play really well.

My biggest problem with all of this is how they added the extra trophies. They're pretty proud of the way they did it, but they could just have added another DLC worth of trophies in the patch and then had that DLC you gotta pay for as an extra list, instead of messing up both base and DLC list. lol You could also have had trophies that weren't just bronze.

Edited by MMDE

• 2 weeks later...