Free Playstation Plus games for any region (PS P+ required)

Ortreb

I tried to do this with the UK sales last night for mass effect 3 Idk if it will work but I will only be out 10 if it doesn't, realized I should probably wait until Monday so I could visit my bank first. I had to make an amazon.co.uk account then I will have to turn my vpn on or change my default location then back when I got to buy something from the US as for some reason it tried to stop me even though I made a phony address for the uk account. Still counted me as using an American address, figured they had my ip logged in case of hacking. 

At the moment I don't have a PSVita to confirm this, but according to the comments I read from the source page posted above you can probably get it to work, I think I have had seen a similar tutorial, the mail trick.

Now to consider the possibility of playing Japanese digital-only Vita games against the possibility of being banned :hmm:.

I tried to do this with the UK sales last night for mass effect 3 Idk if it will work but I will only be out 10 if it doesn't, realized I should probably wait until Monday so I could visit my bank first. I had to make an amazon.co.uk account then I will have to turn my vpn on or change my default location then back when I got to buy something from the US as for some reason it tried to stop me even though I made a phony address for the uk account. Still counted me as using an American address, figured they had my ip logged in case of hacking. 

Good, let us know if you got it to work or not whenever you can. And wow, I don't think I ever had this problem or heard of this sort of stuff happening. Use SoftEther and see if you can duck that issue.

Now to consider the possibility of playing Japanese digital-only Vita games against the possibility of being banned :hmm:.

I don't think I have had heard of anyone getting banned from this. However, If I post the avatar method I could probably end up the one being banned due to curious georges finding a way taking advantage of this for something else rather than the use of avatars, bought from another region to use on their main account.

Good, let us know if you got it to work or not whenever you can. And wow, I don't think I ever had this problem or heard of this sort of stuff happening. Use SoftEther and see if you can duck that issue.

I found another site that sort of explained it but i don't think I had gotten to the part where I enter in the address on my card, which is the reason for trip to the bank, since it says paypal and psn auto reject those discrepancies http://wololo.net/2013/06/27/how-to-purchase-us-psn-cards-from-amazon-when-you-dont-live-in-the-us/. Read a few of the comments as well.

Might try using another site like playasia and just cough up the money to buy a higher money code. It listed a 20 euro card (choice of netherlands or spain) for $24, I don't consider that too bad. 

I found another site that sort of explained it but i don't think I had gotten to the part where I enter in the address on my card, which is the reason for trip to the bank, since it says paypal and psn auto reject those discrepancies http://wololo.net/2013/06/27/how-to-purchase-us-psn-cards-from-amazon-when-you-dont-live-in-the-us/. Read a few of the comments as well.

Might try using another site like playasia and just cough up the money to buy a higher money code. It listed a 20 euro card (choice of netherlands or spain) for $24, I don't consider that too bad. 

Wait, are you trying to buy PS PLUS? If you have PS P+ on your main account you don't need to buy anything, but you however might be asked to insert your card info when using the week trials dummy account to download stuff.

Forgot to quote this one.

I believe PS is region locked... I don't know for sure, but if it is, it would be unplayable anyway.

If you meant PS+, I don't think that it is region locked. When you have a PS+ subscription in your PS4, any other account there no matter if it is a JP or US account gets to play online and your games/dlc except for avatars.

Wait, are you trying to buy PS PLUS? If you have PS P+ on your main account you don't need to buy anything, but you however might be asked to insert your card info when using the week trials dummy account to download stuff.

No, not buying plus. Sorry that was overly confusing. That article from 2013 stated the difference between using paypal or using your card on psn vs buying a card from a site like amazon in the comments because someone mentioned it didn't work with his paypal account. Your card itself has a billing address (paper bill, used with credit cards) / and or shipping address- (think gifting or business credit card that you have product sent to your home not office), you enter it when you go to checkout. This is what gets checked by companies because of fraud.

On it they stated that they didn't think amazon checked your ip address, they must have changed their policies or something in the mean time because I got stopped when I went to check out before even entering my card number I would be using. I would have to change the address from what I currently have listed on my american account of course, but I never got that far.

Update: So I found on an old gamefaqs board that dlc is region locked even if a game isn't but still went ahead with it because its cheaper than it will ever be on US store and I really wanted to see the citadel dlc. And I'm going to need another account for a Hitman: Absolution trophy anyways, and to a lesser (or even unnecessary) extent Diablo 3 vanilla gold grind (Guest account would work for the boost but not having a mule storage space be fully upgraded to another 210).

Notes:

1st) If you do make a different account for Euro dlc sales then you have to make it specific to the country you bought currency for, luckily I remembered this before entering the code. So I made an account for the netherlands since that was the euro code I bought.

2nd) If you leave the dlc downloaded but uninstalled it will still show up on your main account like any other "bubble" but when installed it won't appear in game notices or be listed in your account download list.

3rd) But if a main game goes on sale in Euro/US and its not region locked then you still come out ahead. Games that are only available in Japan though will likely be region locked. (Captain obvious is obvious)

Had a funny thing happen, I went into PS store on my main account and everything was in english except the "Search" and "Cart" words, those were in dutch, I quit then sync'd my trophies and that fixed it, though it could happen with more or less words on anyone's system. 

Edited by Not_like_therest
  • Like 1

If you meant PS+, I don't think that it is region locked. When you have a PS+ subscription in your PS4, any other account there no matter if it is a JP or US account gets to play online and your games/dlc except for avatars.

Nope, I meant Phantasy Star.

Okay, maybe I shouldn't use misleading abbreviations just because I'm lazy :awesome: