AntiSec hackers post stolen police data as revenge for arrests

Dreakon139

In retaliation for arrests, the AntiSec hackers say they've released their "largest cache yet" of data stolen from law enforcement agencies in the U.S., including personal information, private e-mails, passwords, training files, data from informants, Social Security Numbers, and stolen credit card information from an online sheriff's store.

The data dump, dubbed "Shooting Sheriffs Saturday Release," was done to "embarrass, discredit and incriminate police officers across the U.S.," the group said in a statement on Pastebin that estimated that there was more than 10GB of data. A sampling of the domains listed as defaced or otherwise attacked were inaccessible this morning.

A Twitter profile belonging to the hackers also said that the Web site of Italy's largest police association had been attacked. The hackers said the U.S. attack was done in response to the arrest 10 days ago of one of their associates, whose hacker handle is "Topiary."

"We have no sympathy for any of the officers or informants who may be endangered by the release of their personal information," the hackers said. "For too long they have been using and abusing our personal information, spying on us, arresting us, beating us, and thinking that they can get away with oppressing us in secrecy."

Source: http://news.cnet.com...g=2547-1_3-0-20

Anyone want to fill me in? Who is AntiSec? After the first 500 releasings of personal information this summer, this is getting a little old. A bunch of one-trick-ponies, these hackers. This seems like all out war though. Arresting hackers? Beating them? Sign me up.

Absolutely pathetic. They're acting like a bunch of brats, making a fuss because one of their buddies got arrested for doing something illegal. They'll get whats coming to them and I sincerely hope they get the maximum sentence available.

Parker