Bungie Confirms No 'Monolithic' DLC packs for Destiny Year 2

cdrcouey

"Rather than doing these giant, monolithic DLC packs, this way everybody who's an owner of Taken King can enjoy these [smaller events]."

"The live team is charged with maintaining the game and keeping players happy, feeding them new content and surprising them with things they didn't expect."

"The way we're going is: you can expect new content from the live team in Destiny although we're not really telegraphing that. Certainly, players can expect new events and new content throughout the next year. We're taking it one step at a time."

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-12-08-bungie-talks-destiny-the-taken-kings-event-focused-future

==========

I think it's nice that the one-time investment of TTK at the beginning of year 2 will last the rest of the year aside from the optional micro-transactions. I'm really curious as the when the next level cap increase will come to Destiny. With the way they're handing out 320 light gear during raid challenge modes and events like the Sparrow Racing League on top of up-to-320 random-light drops in ToO and the hard mode raid, it won't be that long before a sizable chunk of the hard core player base have maxed out light.

What other end game modes could stand up to the grind to chase a new light level cap?

Well Destiny 2 has to come out sometime...

They cant really just keep releasing expansions. Im expecting we'll see Destiny 2 in 2017, teased at E3 2016. Im quite excited for it, they've really learned a lot with Destiny 1. 

Edited by Boooda

Well Destiny 2 has to come out sometime...

They cant really just keep releasing expansions. Im expecting we'll see Destiny 2 in 2017, teased at E3 2016. Im quite excited for it, they've really learned a lot with Destiny 1. 

destiny 2 is almost done and will be out late 2016 they can't put it out in 2017 even if they wanted to the contract bungie signed prevent's them. As for destiny 1 meh i quit a few month's ago with no new raid's i see destiny 1 dying pretty quickly followed by increase by destiny 2 rinse and repeat.

destiny 2 is almost done and will be out late 2016 they can't put it out in 2017 even if they wanted to the contract bungie signed prevent's them. As for destiny 1 meh i quit a few month's ago with no new raid's i see destiny 1 dying pretty quickly followed by increase by destiny 2 rinse and repeat.

Id be extremely surprised if destiny 2 is out less than a year after its announced. For it to be announced at E3 (presumably) and release a few months later, just doesnt seem likely. Granted I'd prefer it that way, Destiny was at like 2 e3's prior to launch and I was sick of hearing about it before it came out. 

You're right though, im sure the original Destiny will take a huge hit in its population unless they somehow connect with eachother and the players (doubt that though). Also im interested to see if they'll leave last gen behind and only release Destiny 2 on Xbone/PS4. 

If they don't connect it and transfer characters over, then that would be bad.

Im kinda hoping they dont. I want new classes, new characters, new enemy types, new planets. It needs to be fresh IMO. Sure you can still have the old assets there too but I dont want reskinned enemies like the Taken were in TTK. 

Bungie has confirmed that characters you have now will stay with you for the whole 10 year experience they have layed out. And also, a new game is supposed to release every 2 years with a "Comet" aka big DLC every other year, like how this year was The Taken King.

• Like 3

Id be extremely surprised if destiny 2 is out less than a year after its announced. For it to be announced at E3 (presumably) and release a few months later, just doesnt seem likely. Granted I'd prefer it that way, Destiny was at like 2 e3's prior to launch and I was sick of hearing about it before it came out. 

You're right though, im sure the original Destiny will take a huge hit in its population unless they somehow connect with eachother and the players (doubt that though). Also im interested to see if they'll leave last gen behind and only release Destiny 2 on Xbone/PS4.

Bungie started working on Destiny 2 right after they released Destiny. They're obligated to release Destiny every two years and a large expansion like TTK in between releases.

Last gen is what's causing problems like vault space. I seriously doubt it'll be supported with Destiny 2's release. I think last gen would get a dumbed down version like what Treyarch did with Blops 3 for PS3 if they did decide to support last gen though.

Not bungie's problem that's what happens when you don't upgrade.

Huh? I don't quite see what you're getting at. They stated a long time ago that your characters will transfer over to the next game.
  • Like 1

Bungie has confirmed that characters you have now will stay with you for the whole 10 year experience they have layed out. And also, a new game is supposed to release every 2 years with a "Comet" aka big DLC every other year, like how this year was The Taken King.

Lol well fuck, makes me wish I took better care of my 2 alts ive been rushing for the plat xD