Game Bug: Can't Open Game?

So I started this game for the first time last night and when the game started to make save data, it froze. I exited the game, and now every time I try to start the game again I get an error message. This is a downloaded copy from PSN, so I know what you guys are going to say: "Uninstall the game and re-install it." Yeah, I haven't done that yet. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if you know the definitive fix? I've never had a game just NOT work before. Thanks for the loads of helpful posts I'm sure to receive.  ;)

So I started this game for the first time last night and when the game started to make save data, it froze. I exited the game, and now every time I try to start the game again I get an error message. This is a downloaded copy from PSN, so I know what you guys are going to say: "Uninstall the game and re-install it." Yeah, I haven't done that yet. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if you know the definitive fix? I've never had a game just NOT work before. Thanks for the loads of helpful posts I'm sure to receive.  ;)

Which error code is it? The posts can't be helpful unless we know the error code :P

There are a few error codes related to corrupted saves. They usually happen when the game is shut down while saving. When a save file is corrupted, the game that the save is for can't be loaded by the vita. I've had this happen with a few games before. Based on what you're saying, it sounds like a corrupted save file. If it is, you have two options. The first option is to restore the save file from a backup save. Since you just started the game it's unlikely that you have a backup save file. The second option is to delete and reinstall the game.

Which error code is it? The posts can't be helpful unless we know the error code :P

There are a few error codes related to corrupted saves. They usually happen when the game is shut down while saving. When a save file is corrupted, the game that the save is for can't be loaded by the vita. I've had this happen with a few games before. Based on what you're saying, it sounds like a corrupted save file. If it is, you have two options. The first option is to restore the save file from a backup save. Since you just started the game it's unlikely that you have a backup save file. The second option is to delete and reinstall the game.

Error code C2-14646-1. It probably is a corrupted save issue... I hope re-installing the software will fix that, so I'll try that now.

Was this sarcasm? xD

Not entirely.  B)

• Like 1