PSO2 players top 700k, Sega considering international servers

Lady Lilith

http://segabits.com/blog/2012/07/29/pso-ii-players-top-700000-sega-considering-international-servers/

segabits-phantasy-star-online-ii-600x339.jpg

Phantasy Star Online II seems to be off to a strong start.

The free-to-play online RPG has been out in Japan since July 4th and in that time has amassed 730,000 registered players worldwide, SEGA says.

With a Western release not planned (for whatever reason) until an undisclosed date in 2013, the number of Western users currently playing has been great enough that SEGA is considering opening up international servers for the Japanese version.

The game is set to receive multiple updates this August.

It's good to see that this is doing well.

Is this a PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Vita game? Either way it's really great to see that is has been so popular and I hope they open some servers for us westerners. If they do they can count me in as a player because I loved the original and you can't beat free to play.

Edit: Or am I complete dumbass and this is a PC game?

Parker

Edited by Parker

I could have sworn I've heard about either a PS3 or Vita version of Phantasy Star, that's why I was confused. Maybe I'm thinking of Ragnarok though.

Parker

im pretty sure phantasy star was a PS2 and even PSP game. I believe it is possible for this game to be ported to the PS3/vita. Ragnarok is available for the Vita though.

im pretty sure phantasy star was a PS2 and even PSP game. I believe it is possible for this game to be ported to the PS3/vita. Ragnarok is available for the Vita though.

I have Phantasy Star Online for the Dreamcast but I'm not sure of any PlayStation versions. I'm assuming Ragnarok is, and will stay a Japan exclusive?

Parker

I have Phantasy Star Online for the Dreamcast but I'm not sure of any PlayStation versions. I'm assuming Ragnarok is, and will stay a Japan exclusive?

Parker

last time i looked into ragnarok, it was supposed to be ported to US and Europe. i dont know if its still the case though. will import either way.

I could have sworn I've heard about either a PS3 or Vita version of Phantasy Star, that's why I was confused. Maybe I'm thinking of Ragnarok though.

Parker

http://www.computera...ed-for-ps-vita/ ;)

Somehow I get the feeling Vita sales will improve when this releases. Hopefully it will be the Vita equivalent of Monster Hunter, but time will tell.

Edited by AndroidFox