Where does a new player start?

Wade_VC

I have yet to play this, but have it sitting on my shelf and getting ready to load it up.

Where do I start with what appears to be a massive game? Is it best to play/complete the SP before even attempting to go online, or .....?

Also, what is the online community like. Please tell me it isn't full or arrogant "LEET" players.

okay. to start, pick a class you will be happy with for the first lets say 120 hours of your play time. 120 hours if youre lucky. personally it took me around 200 hours to rebirth. next, go start the story, since you cant get online until youre done with the first part of the story anyways. i would recommend going to at least the lagnish desert in the story mode before trying out online. most people are very friendly, though, and they are mostly willing to help you most of the time. if you really want help join a guild. its impossible to complete the story with no online interraction, at least, for me it took me 80 hours to complete the story because unlike in the first game, the second game is very hard. to make things easyer, i would recommend short sword/healing magic or full mage build. sadly, if you take the full mage build you will not be able to max it out, so just take whatever you think is most important from the skill sets, such as the wand has an ability to speed up casting time and reduce magic cost for elemental/divine spells.

good luck, and be prepared to give up 2 months of your life :holy: (i did when i was playing it.. then my guild fell appart and i stopped playing)

My suggestion would be to finish at least the "WKC1" portion of the single-player before heading online, and perhaps most of the "second half" of the single-player, too (if not the game in its entirety). The online doesn't do you nearly as much good as you'd like it to if you don't have access to a significant number of areas and therefore cannot quest there.... you'll be able to quest on most of the map if you just finish through the "first game", and you'll lose access to several areas once you start the "second half" and will want to get most of them back.

The AI for the PCs you aren't controlling is rather wonky and not particularly good. Learn what it will and will not do and how to manipulate it so that it works better for you.

Doing most of the errands and every bounty you can capably handle is a great way to get a fair amount of loot and guild rank without too much effort and without needing the online at all. It's probably more efficient than online questing for an awful lot.

As for the online community, it can be hit-or-miss. There are jerks and there are nice guys. There are your subset of "modders", too, and a lot of people actively refuse to have anything to do with them.

its impossible to complete the story with no online interraction

That depends on your definition of "online interaction". If you're saying that he'll need boosting help from other players, that's ridiculous -- there's no good reason he couldn't do a little grinding offline if he needs a few levels or a slightly better piece of equipment to work with.

My suggestion would be to finish at least the "WKC1" portion of the single-player before heading online, and perhaps most of the "second half" of the single-player, too (if not the game in its entirety). The online doesn't do you nearly as much good as you'd like it to if you don't have access to a significant number of areas and therefore cannot quest there.... you'll be able to quest on most of the map if you just finish through the "first game", and you'll lose access to several areas once you start the "second half" and will want to get most of them back.

The AI for the PCs you aren't controlling is rather wonky and not particularly good. Learn what it will and will not do and how to manipulate it so that it works better for you.

Doing most of the errands and every bounty you can capably handle is a great way to get a fair amount of loot and guild rank without too much effort and without needing the online at all. It's probably more efficient than online questing for an awful lot.

As for the online community, it can be hit-or-miss. There are jerks and there are nice guys. There are your subset of "modders", too, and a lot of people actively refuse to have anything to do with them.

That depends on your definition of "online interaction". If you're saying that he'll need boosting help from other players, that's ridiculous -- there's no good reason he couldn't do a little grinding offline if he needs a few levels or a slightly better piece of equipment to work with.

no, he needs guild rank. doing guildrank by yourself is very boring. doing quests with others, on the other hand, is a lot of fun. you can only reach level 65 and then you are locked until reaching gr 17 i believe. he will also need that.

no, he needs guild rank. doing guildrank by yourself is very boring. doing quests with others, on the other hand, is a lot of fun. you can only reach level 65 and then you are locked until reaching gr 17 i believe. he will also need that.

If he doesn't have a solid chunk of the map available, it significantly limits the quests he can run -- no access to an area means you can't quest there. Doing errands and bounties can supply a TON of GR -- you can get pretty close to GR15 simply from doing those, plus some pretty decent equipment as one goes along. More than that, the most popular quest online for the sake of grinding GR seems to be Demithor in Peril.... and that obliges him to be done with Greede. Going online as soon as he hits Lagnish Desert means he'll have very few areas to pick from, fewer quests that a lot of people run, and the variety of drops he'll pick up from those won't help him a whole heck of a lot with newer and snazzier equipment.

I stand by my statements above -- a new player ought to have the hang of the game and most of the map available to him (at least through Dogma Rift) before worrying about doing much of anything online.

If he doesn't have a solid chunk of the map available, it significantly limits the quests he can run -- no access to an area means you can't quest there. Doing errands and bounties can supply a TON of GR -- you can get pretty close to GR15 simply from doing those, plus some pretty decent equipment as one goes along. More than that, the most popular quest online for the sake of grinding GR seems to be Demithor in Peril.... and that obliges him to be done with Greede. Going online as soon as he hits Lagnish Desert means he'll have very few areas to pick from, fewer quests that a lot of people run, and the variety of drops he'll pick up from those won't help him a whole heck of a lot with newer and snazzier equipment.

I stand by my statements above -- a new player ought to have the hang of the game and most of the map available to him (at least through Dogma Rift) before worrying about doing much of anything online.

white knight chronicles 1 is very easy and can be completed without going online with no problem. but the second story is a lot harder, so i would recommend going online right after completing the first story. i stand by my statement, since 95% of areas are available as you finish white knight chronicles 1. therefore, almost all the quests are unlocked. then, you unlock tougher quests as you rank up, but the quests in the WKC2 areas are for around gr 20.