Avengers table tips

skidmarkgn

Okay, first and foremost, I'm writing this guide purely from memory. As long as this message still appears consider this a work in progress. There may be flaws because I've either misremembered or forgot something.

Good lord, where to begin?

I''l start with the good vs. the bad aspects of the table.

First, the good:

The Captain America ball and lane both provide an insane advantage. the lane is extremely easy to hit with a straight up shot from the right flipper and four(?) hits will activate the ball save. When you hit the lane you can usually catch the ball with the right flipper afterwards as well, meaning it's a piece of cake to shoot the lane four times without stopping and have ball save on constantly. The Cap's ball provides a pretty simple method for an extra ball. When you hit combo shots (meaning successful consecutive shots through any ramp within a small time frame) you'll see a picture of Cap's face with a number by it in the dot matrix. It starts at eight and lowers by one with each combo shot. Get it to zero and the SHIELD sink hole will light up. Hit the ball into it and you'll be rewarded with an extra ball.

I ALWAYS start with Cap's ball. Catching the ball with the right flipper and shooting the Captain America lane nine times is my top priority. Doing that will keep the ball save active while you try and shoot the hard to hit SHIELD sinkhole and win an extra ball.

This is an extremely high scoring table, especially if you can make it to the final mission, which isn't very hard considering you only have to start each mission once. Success or failure will net you the appropriate letter to spell assemble.

Now, the bad:

There's a glitch that could ruin this table for some people. A successful shot through the Black Widow ramp sometimes causes the ball to drain. There's a small gap over the right outlane that the ball is supposed to travel over, occasionally it will snag and instead drain. It NEEDS to be fixed ASAP. I've had a couple good games completely ruined by this.

At first. The six different balls can cause some confusion. One thing to keep in mind is the center targets below Loki's feet. When you pick a ball the mission that's activated below Loki will correspond with that ball. However, if you shoot a characters lane the mission will change to the one associated with that lane. It'll sometimes seem like it's impossible to start a mission when actually, you just changed it to a different character's mission. Which leads me into:

The 6 different balls. They are, from left to right:

Black Widow / Captain America / Hawkeye / Hulk / Iron Man / Thor

Each ball has a different "perk" that comes with it, my personal favorites are Widow, Cap, and Hawkeye.

The Black Widow ball will up the point total for jackpots when hit up the Black Widow lane twice instead of the usual four times.

The Captain America ball increases the Ball Save time when activated and most importantly has the ability to give an extra ball... pretty easily I might add.

The Hulk ball has the power shot ability which, I believe, allows you to access the main missions without having to use the appropriate ball. It also grants more points when you hit the bumpers and spells "HULK" quicker when the ball is in the bumpers.

The Hawkeye ball allows faster activation of the 'kickbacks' and increases the 'skillshot' bonus much quicker

The Thor ball allows double scoring mode by hitting the ODIN targets, gives more points when you hit the spinner on the Thor lane, and spells THOR quicker when you hit said spinner.

Don't know exactly what the Iron Man ball does. I believe it increases the multipliers at an accelerated rate when you hit the Iron Man lane. Beyond that... no idea.

To change balls mid-game you need to hit the Nick Fury lane four times. This will light the SHIELD sinkhole. Shooting the sinkhole will take you to the ball select mode.

Next would be the lanes. From left to right they are:

Thor / Black Widow / Nick Fury / Iron Man (must be hit with the upper right flipper) / Captain America / Hawkeye / Hulk.

The ODIN targets sit directly below Thor's feet, The Loki targets sit directly below Loki's feet, and the Shield sinkhole sits below Iron Man's feet.

The overall goal of this table is to spell out the word A-S-S-E-M-B-L-E by starting each of the missions. Note, you only have to start them, pass or fail, you'll get the letter associated with the mission. Here's how it's done (some of the missions can be done with any ball/s but I'm going to outline the method that will net the "Just like the movie" trophy):

A - Quinjet multiball:

First select the Black Widow ball. One shot up the Hawkeye ramp will bring the Quinjet down and one more shot will start a pseudo mini-game to lock the ball. Hitting the left and right shoulder buttons will tilt the jet in the appropriate direction. Tho goal is to avoid dropping the ball into the two sinkholes by tilting the jet left and right. One the first ball is locked you will be taken to the ball select mode again. Pick the Hawkeye ball and repeat the process. Once both balls are locked the multiball will start. Hitting the lit targets during the multiball (can't remember what they are) will grant jackpots that are generally worth quite a bit of points. If you drain one of the balls the mode will stop and you'll have roughly 30 seconds to "fix the ship" by hitting the Iron Man target for one last bonus.

S - Repair the Engines:

First select the Captain America ball. Hitting the center target below Loki's feet will open a sinkhole on either side. Once the sinkholes are open shoot the ball in one to lock it. Next, select Iron Man. Repeat the process shooting the ball into the other sinkhole. Loki will then shoot out some energy and the screen turns red, this begins the multiball. Three ramps are lit during the multiball (I believe Thor, Hawkeye, and Hulk) once you hit one of the ramps the Cap lane will be lit. Alternate shooting one of the lit lanes and the Cap lane three times then lock one of the balls into one of the the original sinkholes to complete the mission.

S - Duplicates:

Now select the Hulk Ball. There will be a green target that sweeps back and forth at Loki's feet. You first need to hit the target while it's in front of all three spots. A sinkhole will open in the center. Hitting the sinkhole will start the mission. Two small Loki's will appear at the base of two of the lanes. Hitting them both will net you a bonus followed by the targets relocating themselves. After hitting the mini-Loki's enough times the real Loki will appear. Hit him and the mission ends.

E - Thor vs. Loki:

With the Thor ball just hit the center targets below Loki's feet a few time to open a sinkhole. Shoot the sinkhole to start the mission. Thor and Loki will begin a duel. If you're using the Thor ball the Dot Matrix will read Thor 5 - Loki 3. Any other ball will say Thor 3 - Loki 3. The numbers are hit points so to speak. The goal is to hit Loki three times before he hits you five times (if you're using the Thor ball, which you should be). To hit him you must charge Thor's hammer by hitting the spinner. A meter on the dot matrix will fill a bit with each hit. Once it's full, just shoot one of the three center targets and Thor will strike.

M - Thor vs. Hulk:

This mission is why I prefer to choose the Thor ball last. When you hit the spinners and bumpers the words "Thor vs. Hulk" will show up in the dot matrix. Hitting the spinner will fill Thor's name and hitting the bumpers will fill Hulk's. If you save Thor's ball for last there's a good chance that Hulk's name will already be filled due to the bumpers being hit so often while you're doing everything else. Hitting the spinner in Thor's lane with Thor's ball will cause Thor's name (what a diva... it's "all about" Thor) to fill very quickly. When both names are filled the mission starts. Thor and Hulk will start a shoving match and you need to shoot the lit lanes. Nothing too complicated.

B-L-E - Interrogation:

Hitting the target under Loki's legs with the Black Widow ball enough times will open a sinkhole. Shoot the ball into the sinkhole to start the Interrogation mission. This is another "shoot the lit lane" mission. I believe the lane is randomized, hit it and another will be lit. Three hits and the mission's completed.

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE:

Once all the letters are lit the final mission will immediately begin. I believe there's no overall goal, it's just a point-fest. It's a four ball multiball and hitting any lane will give you a jackpot. Hitting a lane with the matching ball give give you a x4 bonus on the jackpot.

If you hit the Widow lane enough times (and didn't get screwed by the glitch drain) to increase the bonus to it's max, which I believe is 5 million, you could get 20 million points for one shot. Just smacking all four balls will get you a ton of points but if you can manage to catch one ball on the right flipper and hold the others on the left you can use the shoot and catch method on the Cap lane over and over again. If it's the Cap's ball that you manage to catch you can exploit that shot to potentially score in the billions. As long as you manage to keep at least two balls in play the mission will continue. Once you're down to one ball the entire table resets.

Edited by skidmarkgn
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

you should add a picture... pictures help visually visualize what you are visualizing...

Avengers_table_screenshot001.jpg

Nice guide by the way!

i might be able to get above 15 million points now, lol

My limited knowledge of all things technology (and lack of motivation to learn) prevents me from being able to do that. I'd be more than happy to combine efforts in the future though :)

My limited knowledge of all things technology (and lack of motivation to learn) prevents me from being able to do that. I'd be more than happy to combine efforts in the future though :)

i just felt like harassing you a little because i haven't done enough of that today, lol...

But for sure, if you ever needed help with something i would love to help... Pictures do help visualize things... having played the avengers table, i understood it without the picture anyway...

The stupid Cap ball keeps getting ball locked so i never have the chance to do a bounce back... plus there is some latency in my coordination that prevents me from doing split second ball saves, lol