Distracted by the hunt trophy gliched?

Jayembe

Hey :)

I went around all the areas twice, killing all the enemies. Picked up all leeches except 10 for Billy. Went around and killed 21 zombies and 1 bug (i read somewhere that is how many respawning enemies there are). But the trophy didnt pop. It was the magnum, green and blue herb variation.

Anyone else had any problems?

Hmm, I didn't seem to run into trouble personally but I did read in another forum that someone had to do Leech Hunter twice in two different variations in order to get the trophy. However, I seemed to have gotten it on my first attempt on easy mode - my files load out that got it was...

*Main Hall: Blue/Green Herbs
*Grenade Launcher (x30 Explosive Rounds)
*Magnum

**Note**
I solo killed everything as Billy before touching leeches while I left Rebecca in the Main Hall the entire time till I made sure everything was dead, then I played as Rebecca collecting all of her leeches and put her back into the main hall. After that I went and did the same with Billy but once I got his final leech I told Rebecca to follow me with a handgun (I had her in idle mode and didn't have it equipped either) - from here on it was me killing the zombies and the one bug till the gun ran dry then swap it with Rebecca's gun or guns that I've collected and placed in the main hall.

There is one room that also seems to be really buggy or tricky that I keep having problems with which is the I believe "Fire Motif" door room on the 2nd floor west wings. It is the dark room that you must push the box in order to grab the item within the stuffed animals eye on story mode; there is two zombies playing dead in this room that for some reason have a very small hitbox and even have a hard time grabbing your ankle for a stomp kill. It seems very easy to miss these two guys and even took me a few repositions just to hit the damn thing, these two fellows are the ones in front of and behind the box that are sort of hidden by the camera angles via the tables. Just spam aim over and over to make sure that you got them (this is actually a very useful tactic for all the rooms to make sure you got everything).

I know it's not much help, but just keep double/triple checking every single room while spamming "Auto-Aim" to ensure that you've killed everything in the rooms. Best of luck friend, really hope you can manage to get it. :(

• Like 1

Thanks for replying. I done it a second time and it popped, i payed extra attention to the floor zombies to make sure i got them all. I must have just got unlucky first time because i checked even more thoroughly than this time. Oh well.

Gotta play leech hunter one more time to get 50 with rebecca (which is a stupid trophy considering its an easier version of the A rank one, it should just pop if you had 50 with one character, regardless of how many you have with the other).

Then im done with leech hunter thankgod!

Just hard mode and wesker mode to finish then. (Plus all weapons which i should unlock doing these) then the plat is mine :)

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

Just in case others are having the same problem, this trophy just glitched on me a few days ago on normal difficulty green green variation (SMG), but i managed to get the trophy on my 2nd run on normal difficulty blue green variation (the one with Magnum + Napalm G/L). I can assure you, i did not miss any zombie, triple checked every possible room, shot at the ground/ceiling blindly just in case i missed one.

Things i did on my first playthrough that might cause it to glitch:

- Changed Rebecca's costume to team Wesker.

- Last kill done with SMG.

- Played on normal difficulty for the first time (Played leech hunter on hard difficulty before and didn't have enough ammo for this trophy).

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

So I did my first run on hard leech hunt, killed everything + the 21/1 zombies/cricket and no trophy/achievement. So I was pretty mad at the game because hard mode was much harder than base game duo to the low amount of ammo and few monsters like hunters who can swipe your health to danger in few seconds. Firstly I used map with enemy layout so I was 100% I killed everything possible before gettin the 90 leeches. Thanks to achievement tracking I was able to see I miss ONE enemy. After that I played the game on easy to make the extra mode bearable because I was scared of loosing 3h again on hard. 

I'm 99% sure it was my fault because I left the exploding legs of mimicry Marcus in the room and left. After that I went back to the room and the legs were gone with no leeches inside (he dissapeared). If you left mimicry without him exploding with small leeches the game does not count him as killed. I am sure on my first attempt I left one room before Mimicry death and after re-entering the room he was nowhere to find with no leeches on the floor. 

I'm not certain if this is the thing that may glitch the trophy/achievement but after tanking explosions from Mimicry without leaving the room achievement pop with no problem after killing the respawned zombies.

Things I'm 100% sure will NOT cause the trophy/achievement to glitch:

-using SMG ( I killed 50% of zombies with the SMG and even the last one) 

-green+green herb start ( My second attempt was on that variant)

As you can see I did this on Xbox one but after reading countless topics I think those versions share the same glitches/bugs. 

Edited by Demek97

• 7 months later...

I'm stumped. And just pissed at this mode. I just finished the Hard Mode Leech Hunter and I'm a 100 % sure I killed everything before and after respawning. Including the laying zombies. Then I spent about 2 hours going through every room. Nothing.

I would like to see a video guide where the trophy actually pops.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/10/2022 at 0:38 AM, Antiristus said:

I'm stumped. And just pissed at this mode. I just finished the Hard Mode Leech Hunter and I'm a 100 % sure I killed everything before and after respawning. Including the laying zombies. Then I spent about 2 hours going through every room. Nothing.

I would like to see a video guide where the trophy actually pops.

Got it. Looking backwards, the problem was very likely not killing all the floor zombies before the re-spawn.

• 3 months later...

The most likely thing that would cause this trophy to 'glitch' is if you didn't kill all the enemies in the rooms with respawns, respawns replaces the regular enemies which means you didn't kill the original enemies. Or what KenMarinaris said, the zombie in the room with the desk you push.

• 3 months later...