Dragon age 2 on ps3 question...

Infected Elite

Is the game generally super laggy? I got it new the other month but just got to playing it. It seems some dialog is skipping or laggy. But normally is smooth. And combat is laggy and slow as shit. I know the game has terrible frame rates.

Anybody know if the game in general is laggy? If not I'll go get it resurfaced.

No other games on my ps3 or ps4 lag. So it isn't the system.

I had two issues that made my game lag more then normally.

If I had several saves in differently slots it would slowly become more laggy and unstable, so on my second playthrough I kept to having 2-3 different save slots which reduced the lag a bit.

And second, on my second playthrough I had no access to internet on my PS3, and this made the game run a 1000x times better, no idea if that's because it's uploading data to the Bioware servers or whatnot, but these two "tricks" made the game run a bit more smooth for me, you might want to try it out and see if it works for you :-)

I had two issues that made my game lag more then normally.

If I had several saves in differently slots it would slowly become more laggy and unstable, so on my second playthrough I kept to having 2-3 different save slots which reduced the lag a bit.

And second, on my second playthrough I had no access to internet on my PS3, and this made the game run a 1000x times better, no idea if that's because it's uploading data to the Bioware servers or whatnot, but these two "tricks" made the game run a bit more smooth for me, you might want to try it out and see if it works for you :-)

i will try playing the game offline then, as no internet will be connected then. That could very well be the issue as i have one save, and then the autosave for a total of 2 saves. Thanks for the tip,

Sorry if it's a bit late. Do you have it on disc or HDD? I have found installing games on the HDD can make them a little bit slow. I have all three DA games do it, even Origin. I guess it's because the game hasn't properly finished loading files in and out of the memory after opening a new area - or something? But to reiterate Tsukuyomi, I've also noticed it happens more when you're logged in to the DA servers.