Warmonger: Training Tent & Second Wave Battles?

IronMask75

Does anyone know if Second Wave battles and/or battles fought in the Training Tent count towards the Warmonger trophy?

I've done two play-throughs on Normal now and I didn't think I passed up many fights. I might have passed on some Second Wave fights when I knew I was definitely going to lose them (when I only had 1 or 2 party members left with low Willpower) but I missed that trophy.

I ask because I'm starting my Hard Difficulty run now, while also attempting High Spirits and Challenge. I'm just wondering if Warmonger is possible in Hard Difficulty along side these other trophies or if I'm staring down another play-through and save myself some grief.

Does anyone know if Second Wave battles and/or battles fought in the Training Tent count towards the Warmonger trophy?

I've done two play-throughs on Normal now and I didn't think I passed up many fights. I might have passed on some Second Wave fights when I knew I was definitely going to lose them (when I only had 1 or 2 party members left with low Willpower) but I missed that trophy.

I ask because I'm starting my Hard Difficulty run now, while also attempting High Spirits and Challenge. I'm just wondering if Warmonger is possible in Hard Difficulty along side these other trophies or if I'm staring down another play-through and save myself some grief.

Hey there,

In regards to the Warmonger trophy, second wave battles do count but the training tent battles do not. Getting Warmonger on hard difficulty will be tough as those fights will leave you pretty battered and second waves will be very challenging.

I did my first playthrough blind on normal difficulty and managed to get a fair chunk of the trophies but most notably missed High Spirits & Warmonger...it sure felt like I did 40 battles, but I must have been just short.

My second playthrough was on hard and I attempted those 2 trophies along with the others I missed the first time...I quickly realized I was not going to get Warmonger and I misunderstood how High Spirits worked, so I had those 2 leftover.

My third playthrough was on easy and I decided to keep track of my battles and had no problem hitting 40 battles and keeping my morale up.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Hey there,

In regards to the Warmonger trophy, second wave battles do count but the training tent battles do not. Getting Warmonger on hard difficulty will be tough as those fights will leave you pretty battered and second waves will be very challenging.

My second playthrough was on hard and I attempted those 2 trophies along with the others I missed the first time...I quickly realized I was not going to get Warmonger and I misunderstood how High Spirits worked, so I had those 2 leftover.

Hope that helps.

Hmm, I suspected as much. Thanks for the reply. I think I realised Warmonger was going to be impossible on the hard play-through after my first full battle when I only had two units left and they were both out of energy and half dead. Looks like I'll need a fourth play-through then, unfortunately, as for whatever reason, I must have missed a couple of second waves or optional encounters on both of my other runs. I still have Grudgewielder and Backbiter to go as well, as Egil died right at the beginning on my first non-guide assisted run and Alette shot plenty of humans too. On my second run I was trying to get Quartermaster and Forced March so skipped Frostvellr (to also get Beat the Odds) and i also didn't fight with Iver all days in Boersgard.

Thanks again :)