MGSV Evil Patch ? Farming Tips

Hi everyone, I know I might be a little late to the party but I'm really stuck right now. Could you please help me out ?

(I also wrote a similar comment in the trophy guide section)

I've played the game for about 30 hours or so during the first couple of weeks of its release on patch 1.01.

Now I downloaded the latest patchtes as they were released and I've found out how they've nerfed the farm.

I can't use my save on patch 1.00 and therefore I have two options:

-1. Restarting from a new game offline, with patch 1.00 and play it like this till the end of the farming.

-2. Playing it from the point I left the game in September, farming materials with FOB and, I dunno, new farm methods ?

I've heard that this patch 1.07 brings some adjustments to the balancy and that it's still possible to farm replaying specific side ops/ main missions, is that true ?

I also know that i could store my save file elsewhere in order to avoid losing stuff whenever I'm attacked while offline.

What do you guys suggest ? Is there a way to farm as efficiently as before ? Any particoular thing I should know of ?

Please help me out, I've wanted this to be my 50th platinum for a long time.

I'd say delete the patches (Can only be done if you have the disc though I believe). It's just much easier, once you've fully upgraded the base and got the nuke, then just re download. 

Although.. the new rewards system gives a lot of rewards if you're working on tasks and S ranks... 

• Like 1

I'd say delete the patches (Can only be done if you have the disc though I believe). It's just much easier, once you've fully upgraded the base and got the nuke, then just re download. 

Although.. the new rewards system gives a lot of rewards if you're working on tasks and S ranks... 

Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately I can't load my current save if I delete the patches because I've played with further ones (I've played a bit this morning as well). I have already tried this morning before posting here. The only way would be to restart, I have to think about it. 

Yeah, I've noticed the new rewards system but it seems that I can only get a ton of GMP and not so many resources....I dunno.  -_-

Edited by Re-LoreLink

Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately I can't load my current save if I delete the patches because I've played with further ones (I've played a bit this morning as well). I have already tried this morning before posting here. The only way would be to restart, I have to think about it. 

Yeah, I've noticed the new rewards system but it seems that I can only get a ton of GMP and not so many resources....I dunno.  -_-

Damn, that sucks. I guess it depends how many side ops and s ranks you've worked on.  Well good luck on the plat either way :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/metalgearsolid/comments/3sejlx/the_resource_farm_nerf_what_you_need_to_know/

"There is a new farming exploit I had came up with but its not as great as before. Its simple go into the mission, extract your containers, hit checkpoint, restart mission then abort to ACC. Go and complete C2W really quick and come back to that mission and do the same thing all over again. Dont worry you will still get the full amount of resources like before but now much much slower.

You can complete this mehtod in a s circut, do everything ive explained above but dont complete C2W yet, go to another mission and agther all containers ther and another. Then complete C2W in order to reset all of their value."

I found this topic on reddit that explains a new method of farming. It's not as great as the previous one but it seems doable to me.

The user says this method takes 3 times more compared to the old one.

The thing is I have already played for 30+ hours so I don't know if it'll worth the trouble to restart it. I'll post a picture of my resources and my mother base development later today.

If this method works I could just collect resources while i going further with the story to ease the pain of the grind. What do you guys think?

Do I need a specific equipment to do so ? I know that the wormhole fulton is required sometimes though and that it'll be available at the end of the game more or less. 

Hi everyone, I know I might be a little late to the party but I'm really stuck right now. Could you please help me out ?

(I also wrote a similar comment in the trophy guide section)

I've played the game for about 30 hours or so during the first couple of weeks of its release on patch 1.01.

Now I downloaded the latest patchtes as they were released and I've found out how they've nerfed the farm.

I can't use my save on patch 1.00 and therefore I have two options:

-1. Restarting from a new game offline, with patch 1.00 and play it like this till the end of the farming.

-2. Playing it from the point I left the game in September, farming materials with FOB and, I dunno, new farm methods ?

I've heard that this patch 1.07 brings some adjustments to the balancy and that it's still possible to farm replaying specific side ops/ main missions, is that true ?

I also know that i could store my save file elsewhere in order to avoid losing stuff whenever I'm attacked while offline.

What do you guys suggest ? Is there a way to farm as efficiently as before ? Any particoular thing I should know of ?

Please help me out, I've wanted this to be my 50th platinum for a long time.

I'm going to quote this man here DiscoGitaroo from playstation trophies.

I just got the platinum with 1.07 and never had to do any extra farming.

Here is what I did while playing.

While doing missions and side ops, grab any small material containers and cargo containers you come across. Especially fuel containers as this is the resource you will need the most.

I maxed base development on mother base and built three base development platforms on my FOB as soon as I could. Having a high base development level gets you more automatic materials and quicker processing.

Check your challenge tasks for rewards. You will complete most of these anyways while going for the platinum and you get a lot of resources, money, and A-S ranked staff.

Always send your combat unit on dispatch missions for resources,money, and staff. Build a combat unit at your FOB and you can do four missions at a time.

Check the daily reward every day. You can get materials, money, and MB coins.

Finally don't download the METAL GEAR SOLID V GAME UPDATE VER 1.00 file. Your FOB can't be invaded so you don't have to worry about stolen resources.

Hope that helps.smile.gif

Edited by Smushpie
  • Like 1

I'm going to quote this man here DiscoGitaroo from playstation trophies.

BAM!! This is the kind of advice I like to hear shishishi.

I'd give you hundreds of likes but I don't have any available right now. Thanks for your help sir  xD

BTW I love your signature 

Edited by Re-LoreLink

BAM!! This is the kind of advice I like to hear shishishi.

I'd give you hundreds of likes but I don't have any available right now. Thanks for your help sir  xD

BTW I love your signature 

My buddy just got plat playing the current version with 135 hours or so on the clock. I dont think playing the the current version is ALL that bad in terms of farming as Mother base does give you materials the farther you are in the game. Not to say im gonna update until needed but i doubt its important enough to say start your save over if you are 30+ hours in.

My buddy just got plat playing the current version with 135 hours or so on the clock. I dont think playing the the current version is ALL that bad in terms of farming as Mother base does give you materials the farther you are in the game. Not to say im gonna update until needed but i doubt its important enough to say start your save over if you are 30+ hours in.

Thanks for your feedback, I've pretty much made my mind  :lol:

I never had trouble with resources. They just come gradually while you go for S-Rank, Side Ops, mission objectives, etc. I would not go out of my way with patches, save files, installs, etc. Just play the game. I've never felt like I was short. I couldn't just build whatever the hell I wanted to at all times, but that doesn't seem like a deal breaker to me. Just fulton containers when you see them.

People invading your base is no problem at all as it rarely happens. When you have a nuke, people will FLOCK to your FOB, but you should disarm it immediately anyway. After that, I got attacked maybe once a week, and most of the time successfully defended against it.

Set your FOB to non-leathal. It's much more effective in my opinion. Especially considering your soldiers will equip gas masks, rendering sleep grenades useless.