Gran Turismo 6 details soon

AndroidFox

News on plans for the next generation of Gran Turismo aren’t far away, Sony Worldwide Studios chief Shuhei Yoshida has assured VG247.

Speaking in a VG247 interview that will be published later today, Yoshida said fans of the series won’t have long to wait to see first real details of what’s next for GT.

“Kazanori seems to have started talking about, so I won’t be surprised to hear more about their plans, our plans, on future Gran Turismo rather soon,” he said.

Polyphony lead Kazunori Yamauchi has been mentioning his next game more of late, calling it “Gran Turismo 6“.

He first confirmed development of a further title in the series in November 2010, just beyond the launch of Gran Turismo 5.

After a period of silence, a flurry of reports in recent months has put Polyphony back in the headlines, with Yamauchi saying in July that the studio is “always aiming for the latest technology and the latest expression.”

There are no serious details, however. It’s not even known if Gran Turismo 6 will appear on PS3 or go to next-gen, as now seems likely.

http://www.vg247.com...n-says-yoshida/

I'd love to see GT6 on the PS3 but it might fit better on the PS4. GT5 is a fantastic game (the best this generation, in my opinion) but the Polyphony Digital team was obviously held back by the PS3's limitations and I think Mr. Yamauchi and his staff could achieve more of what they want on the PS4's better hardware. Of course the 2nd GT game on a console is always the superior one so maybe they were still learning the PS3's hardware on the first outing and have managed to ekk every last ounce of power and make GT6 much better than the 5th. We still need a GT Vita too, but maybe after GT6.

If GT6 was a launch title for the PlayStation 4 I would think the system would have massive sales. One of the biggest mistakes Sony made this generation was introducing a GT game this late in the game.

Parker

• 3 weeks later...