EITR - Isometric Souls

KJH-XIII

This game has been mentioned in the upcoming games thread but wondered if it deserved a thread of it's own due to the Souls franchise fan base, and although this isn't developed by FromSoft, the resemblance to the series we know and love, is truly uncanny and i can say i'm REALLY looking forward to it's release!

I found this video from a guy who covers the Souls franchise and Bloodborne also, so his comparisons are spot on. 

This is a new PlayStation account for me and also PSNP, so please excuse my lack of trophies to date  :lol: .

Seems a little too...meta(?) for me. For me (an old gamer), the Souls series is a fine effort to bring back the gameplay from NES classics like Castlevania to the modern age. To then go backwards, and take the Souls template to make a more primitive game seems wrongheaded.

I realize that there is a big dead zone between the last great Castlevania console title (SOTN, and that possessed none of the difficulty of previous incarnations), and the Souls games. As we all know, the 3-D Castlevania titles have been less than stellar, so maybe this does fill a gap somewhere. But the evolution seems wrong.

Edited by starcrunch061

Seems a little too...meta(?) for me. For me (an old gamer), the Souls series is a fine effort to bring back the gameplay from NES classics like Castlevania to the modern age. To then go backwards, and take the Souls template to make a more primitive game seems wrongheaded.

I realize that there is a big dead zone between the last great Castlevania console title (SOTN, and that possessed none of the difficulty of previous incarnations), and the Souls games. As we all know, the 3-D Castlevania titles have been less than stellar, so maybe this does fill a gap somewhere. But the evolution seems wrong.

I get you, i do. I for one am getting a little tired of looking on the PSN store and seeing games that may well be really good games, in their own respect, but seem to be going backwards rather than forwards. But there is something about this for me, something that makes me feel it's much more than it looks.

Edited by KJH-XIII