Question regarding DLC.

An-Everyguy

Hi guys!

So, my copy of DS II Scholar of the First Sin (PS3) arrived today and, to my chargrin, it was the greatest hits edition. I'm thinking on selling it and buying the regular edition instead but I was wondering if the DLC on Scholar of the First Sin will get installed on my system and if I will be able to use it with a regular copy of DS 2.

Hope it makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

Really? Does that apply to the PS3 version?

I remember reading somewhere that the "improved version" was only on PS4 and that the only difference between regular DS2 and Scholar of the First Sin on PS3 was that the latter had all the DLC on the disc.

:S Hlep.

Edited by An-Everyguy

As far as I know the Scholar edition is different regarding the platform. All the DLC are included, that is certain, moreover many enemies have been repositioned, some additions to the lore and a new ending as well. 

Why don't you look up on google anyway ? Is much faster and simpler then doing it here  :lol:  

Scholar of the First Sin only changes things for PS4, Xbox One, and the SotFS-specific PC edition. The PS3, Xbox360, and normal PC version were not given the changes to enemy placements, re-balancing, and trophy/achievement changes. What you got is the regular DS2 with the DLC on the disc. The DLC is still 100% optional for PS3.

• Like 2

As far as I know the Scholar edition is different regarding the platform. All the DLC are included, that is certain, moreover many enemies have been repositioned, some additions to the lore and a new ending as well. 

Why don't you look up on google anyway ? Is much faster and simpler then doing it here  :lol:  

I did google it haha, I just couldn't find the answer to my question. It seems most of the results are ps4-centric now.

Scholar of the First Sin only changes things for PS4, Xbox One, and the SotFS-specific PC edition. The PS3, Xbox360, and normal PC version were not given the changes to enemy placements, re-balancing, and trophy/achievement changes. What you got is the regular DS2 with the DLC on the disc. The DLC is still 100% optional for PS3.

Just what I thought. What I was trying to figure out though was if the DLC installs itself with a SotFS disc, allowing you to access it even with a regular Dark Souls II disc :S

• 2 years later...

So, I found a copy of SotFS (PS3) that included the DLCs not on the disc, but on a piece of paper (code), and the disc was basically the same as the base edition. The changes come with a downloadable update as well.