Spells (Magic, Miracles, Pyros, Hexes) that require NG++

First time poster here and was hoping that people who have either gotten the trophies or platinumed the game can post advice and tips to getting these spells as fast as possible. I know some require reaching rank 3 in a certain covenant (which involves 500+ invasions) or playing till NG++ and simply buying them (which is the option suited for me because I'm not much of a pvp player). So knowing that I'm going to end up playing the game 3 times to get these, any tips on ways to get them fast(er) than this? Like I know I can use an ascetic on bonfires that give the boss souls to buy the spells, but others require actually progressing to NG++. As someone who's really excited for DS3, I wanted to platinum this game before its release. Im a huge fan of all the souls games, and I've even platinumed bloodborne with pride. But the trophies that always seem to restrict me from platinuming any of the dark souls games is the fact that they all include these spell trophies that require an insane amount of time to get. I want to platinum DS2 and break my shitty cycle of letting the souls games beat me, all I'm wondering is if theres a more efficient way of getting these 4 trophies. Please no responses like "get gud" or "just play the game" because those aren't pieces of advice or tips. Were all fans of the souls series here lets please remember that were a community. Thanks!

Going into NG++ is the fast way of those getting those 3 spells. Get everything done on NG and then just sprint through NG+ and NG++. Only doing the main bosses needed for the 2nd and 3rd playthrough. Also NG++ only has to be done up to opening the front doors to Drangliec Castle as the Chancellor sells the spells as soon as you can talk to him in NG++.

This guide lists all of them for the base game, but not the DLC ones: http://psnprofiles.com/guide/357-DARK-SOULS-II-Trophy-Guide

The StFS spells are listed in that guide at the end of each respective list.

Edited by Yadilie
  • Like 1

That was really helpful thank you very much for that. I know the door leading to Drangliec Castle can be opened with 1,000,000 souls instead of fighting the primal bosses, and on NG++ I would need 3,000,000. But that gives me hope at least, knowing that I don't have to actually finish the game on NG++

You should be properly leveled to go through the game really fast without having to farm Soul Items to open that door. Especially since they put a lot more NPC summon signs down near most bosses, especially the Great Ones, which will help for quick runs. Lost Sinner with Lucatiel and Shield guy using Red-Eye was really handy. That and they moved the Lost Bastille key out of the NPC area.

The biggest grind will be getting to Rank 2 of Bell Tower Covenant. But it's just a little boring and not too hard grinding off that Red Phantom for kill counts.

But keep at it. It's a Souls game all you have to do is over level a little and you'll be fine.

Edited by Yadilie

Yes speaking of the Bell Tower Covenant, is there any way to boost that with a friend? Or do I have to kill the Red Phantom for it to count. And by boosting I mean have someone help me kill the Red Phantom (aka protect me from other invaders) or invade me themselves and allow me to kill them. I know theres an offline method but I own my games digital and file share with my gf so if I turn off my wifi it locks me out of the game so that's kinda out of the question

Yes speaking of the Bell Tower Covenant, is there any way to boost that with a friend? Or do I have to kill the Red Phantom for it to count. And by boosting I mean have someone help me kill the Red Phantom (aka protect me from other invaders) or invade me themselves and allow me to kill them. I know theres an offline method but I own my games digital and file share with my gf so if I turn off my wifi it locks me out of the game so that's kinda out of the question

No, he would wind up invading you but not all the time. He could try but it's really just easier to kill all the enemies in the first room and just run out to see if the red phantom is there and then slide back down to the bonfire to reset. Just sitting there hoping he'll invade you will just waste so much time. The red phantom is really easy and super dumb. Although if you are human there is an absolutely super OP white phantom to the right of the entrance. It would take awhile to summon him each time but he alone can more or less kill invaders. Although to be fair I only got invaded roughly 6 times getting all the kills from the Red Phantom.

Edited by Yadilie

No, he would wind up invading you but not all the time. He could try but it's really just easier to kill all the enemies in the first room and just run out to see if the red phantom is there and then slide back down to the bonfire to reset. Just sitting there hoping he'll invade you will just waste so much time. The red phantom is really easy and super dumb. Although if you are human there is an absolutely super OP white phantom to the right of the entrance. It would take awhile to summon him each time but he alone can more or less kill invaders. Although to be fair I only got invaded roughly 6 times getting all the kills from the Red Phantom.

Okay thanks ill start grinding this out tonight before moving to NG+. Would it be beneficial to buy the ring that increases invasion chances, or would that screw me over in the end by increasing the chance of getting invaded by other players? Kinda like a high risk, high reward scenario 

I'm pretty sure the Red Phantom is just a regular enemy that has a chance of spawning after you hit a bonfire. It's not a true invasion. So the ring should not affect his spawn rate. It's not that bad of a grind. Just throw some music on and keep a notepad next to you to keep up with kill counts so you don't wind up killing him more than you need to.

But, I would make sure you got all the spells able to get before going to NG+, especially the DLC areas since you're posting in the PS4 forums. I would hate to do those areas in NG+ or NG++ if you missed something.

I'm pretty sure the Red Phantom is just a regular enemy that has a chance of spawning after you hit a bonfire. It's not a true invasion. So the ring should not affect his spawn rate. It's not that bad of a grind. Just throw some music on and keep a notepad next to you to keep up with kill counts so you don't wind up killing him more than you need to.

But, I would make sure you got all the spells able to get before going to NG+, especially the DLC areas since you're posting in the PS4 forums. I would hate to do those areas in NG+ or NG++ if you missed something.

Yes I've already made a list of what I need left. One more DLC to do and then the rest of the spells are available through NG+ and NG++. Thanks for your tips they were very helpful