Dead Island PS3 vs PS4 impressive graphic comparison

I kinda agree with this. The game was already nice looking and I kinda thought the bluriness was done in the right places.

I will say I am impressed with how sharp tht is looking though.

yeah i mean everybody has different opinions, personally i thought they overused that effect a little too much too in the original, it was on nearly every cutscene and npc conversation, so i think it looks better now. other games don't overuse that effect that much, even if "in real life" it happens a lot and we don't even notice it.

I might get this if the glitches and freezing are fixed. The first Dead Island froze on me so much that it actually made me stop playing the game.

yeah i think they are now fixed, i mean 5 years passed since the original release so this time they had plenty of time to fix all of those performance problems, because the original was poorly optimized.

yeah i mean everybody has different opinions, personally i thought they overused that effect a little too much too in the original, it was on nearly every cutscene and npc conversation, so i think it looks better now. other games don't overuse that effect that much, even if "in real life" it happens a lot and we don't even notice it.

When I played Dead Island I'm pretty sure that was before the PS4 was released and I remember thinking the graphics were great for an open world game. So how I'm remembering it might not actually be how it looked as quite a lot of time passed. Its nice to see the graphics have been enhanced a lot though. I'd rather all remasters have a decen graphics upgrade like this and hopefully no frame dips or performance issues at all or barely noticable.

When I played Dead Island I'm pretty sure that was before the PS4 was released and I remember thinking the graphics were great for an open world game. So how I'm remembering it might not actually be how it looked as quite a lot of time passed. Its nice to see the graphics have been enhanced a lot though. I'd rather all remasters have a decen graphics upgrade like this and hopefully no frame dips or performance issues at all or barely noticable.

i agree i mean when i played it some years ago i was very impressed by the graphics, the trees/plants animations, the weather changes, etc... it was really pretty, but after some years and after game graphics continued to evolve i now notice how much they overused the blur effect, which also made some scenes look better but right now i'm very impressed about this remastered version and how much it changed without it, and even if i'm not a "graphic whore" at all because i enjoy games for what they are made for and not to "analyze its technical side" i think that the great graphic improvements is one of the main reasons i want to play it again on ps4.

Edited by smellslikejavier