Dead Island PS3 vs PS4 impressive graphic comparison

Improvement is pretty amazing, but background stuff *should* be blurry. You know, like we *humans* see stuff? Certain things in focus, but our eyes blur out everything else.

Yeah I agree, but I always thought that they overused the blur effect just a little bit too much in the original game, so personally I prefer it this way, although the blur effect made some scenes look prettier.

Edited by Finozzi1696

Man, I don't remember Dead Island being such a blurry mess... though I did primarily play it on the PC (and briefly on the 360 when it was newer), so maybe I just never really saw it or don't remember well enough.

Dead Island was a cool game, but if you haven't played either it or Dying Light... go with the latter.  It's a much better version of the same general idea.

Edited by DreakonXIII

Definitely looks better but I really hope it plays better too. I enjoyed what I played of the original game but it had so many performance problems (frame drops and things) that it really took me out of the experience and made me quit playing altogether. A smooth 60fps (hell, a solid 30fps would be fine too) with some friends on PS4 would be a great time for sure. 

Parker

Nice. These were the graphics back on pc when it first was released. We're finally getting the PC graphics back in 2011. Thank you PS4 for catching up. Cant wait for this as I enjoyed the Ps3 version even as many said its plagued with issues.

Nice. These were the graphics back on pc when it first was released. We're finally getting the PC graphics back in 2011. Thank you PS4 for catching up. Cant wait for this as I enjoyed the Ps3 version even as many said its plagued with issues.

actually like some user pointed out in the comments of that video this ps4 version has more improvements than the pc version: "There is not so many difference between console and pc versions. Of course PC has 1080p graphics and is free of all these PS3 screen tearing glitches and has further draw distance, but still Definitive edition looks better with all its new lightning effects, new models, and much more detailed environment."

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 2

Looks good.  Enjoy all the people who haven't played it.  For all those who have, move along nothing to see here.

Actually I played it on PS3 some years ago but stopped because the game got a little repetitive as it progressed and I had other games to play, but I still wanted to finish it some day and never went back to it for some reason, so now this is my opportunity to finally do it! but maybe I'll wait for a sale first.

Edited by Finozzi1696

Definitely looks better but I really hope it plays better too. I enjoyed what I played of the original game but it had so many performance problems (frame drops and things) that it really took me out of the experience and made me quit playing altogether. A smooth 60fps (hell, a solid 30fps would be fine too) with some friends on PS4 would be a great time for sure. 

Parker

yeah i think that this version will run better, i believe that either they overused so many lighting and blur effects in the original that created performance issues or they just did a bad job optimizing the game, and i think is the later since GTA 5 has a bigger world and graphics and it runs so much better than this game.

yeah i think that this version will run better, i believe that either they overused so many lighting and blur effects in the original that created performance issues or they just did a bad job optimizing the game, and i think is the later since GTA 5 has a bigger world and graphics and it runs so much better than this game.

I agree, when I played GTA 5 on PS3 I was pretty surprised about how good it looked and how well the performance was considering that it's the most bigger open world game that was released for that platform and how everything was running in real time. And then you have games like Fallout 3 which are older and they don't run so well, so I think it doesn't have much to do with the console but how poorly optimized it was.

Edited by Finozzi1696

Improvement is pretty amazing, but background stuff *should* be blurry. You know, like we *humans* see stuff? Certain things in focus, but our eyes blur out everything else.

I kinda agree with this. The game was already nice looking and I kinda thought the bluriness was done in the right places.

I will say I am impressed with how sharp tht is looking though.