Psychonauts coming to PSN Tuesday in America

Lady Lilith

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/23/psychonauts-coming-to-ps2-classics-this-tuesday/

First things first: Psychonauts is coming to PlayStation 2 Classics.

7846641564_bf694b11e5.jpg

…Okay, that’s only one thing. But it’s super important.

Psychonauts was Double Fine‘s first game, and it came out for the PlayStation 2 way back in 2005. We love it a lot. It’s the story of a gifted young psychic cadet who must delve deep into dangerous minds and put a stop to a sinister conspiracy. And on August 28th, you will be able to download it to your PlayStation 3 as a PlayStation 2 Classic.

If you never played Psychonauts, you’re in for a treat! If you played it before, why not buy it again, just for old time’s sake? Ha ha! Tell a friend or two or a hundred.

7846642668_8cb817508c_n.jpg7846643292_445f2518b4_n.jpg

“So, what took so long?” you may ask. Well, you’d be in fine company for asking. As internet user @smushums66 requested, “Psychonauts PSN title or PS2 classic PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Fellow netizen Lemming inquired only last month, “RELEASE PSYCHONAUTS ON PSN…DO YOU LIKE FREE MONEY???”

These are just a few of the seemingly infinite requests for Psychonauts PS3 we receive on a daily basis. And as it turns out, we do love free money! (Preferably in cash-stuffed envelopes slid under the office door.) But to truly become a PlayStation 2 Classic, we wanted to ensure Psychonauts had all the time it needed to grow into its status as a classic, like a fine artisanal Tuscan cheese. But less smelly.

7846643166_b44dd9bc62_n.jpg7846642948_a0e90f0eae_n.jpg

Now, nearly seven years after its original release, that time has come. In five days, I mean. So get ready. Prepare yourself. Warm up your console. Recharge your controller. Do some thumb exercises (is that a thing??). Fortify your funnybone. Tune up your heartstrings. Clean off your credit card. Brace yourself for Psychonauts.

If I hadn't bought it on Steam in the summer sale, maybe I would get this.

Gungrave this week and Psychonauts next week?!? Sony is on a roll! Now if they would only release Dark Cloud and Dark Cloud 2...

Agreed :). But I am still happy with where they are going. At least they are still releasing good games, not just sitting back and doing nothing.

Was kinda hoping for an HD version release, since I still own the PS2 version. But it's great to see more people will have access to an amazing game. Now, how about a sequel?

Shafer's been wanting to do something with the IP but no publisher has agreed to fund it. After that whole Kickstarter thing they did, though, who knows what the future may hold, as the game has changed.

Also worth noting that the game is on GOG and Steam, probably cheaper too, and certainly with a graphical upgrade.