is the automatron worth it?

Lonemankane

it's not worth the money if you don't have the season pass, but it's ok as dlc goes

i got the season pass before it went up in price, and knowing that the dlc in may will the biggest expansion they've ever done is enough for me because i completed the main story way too quickly.

the quests in the automatron are really good and engaging, but i got through them all in about 2-3 hours. i personally won't use the robot builder, but it's a nice addition to settlements. so if i wasn't going to get it through the season pass, i wouldn't pay for it.

it was quite challenging as well until the end quest, my character is level 70 and whilst i mostly play on very hard/survivor, i mostly played on very hard for the duration of this, i think it's mostly due to the fact some robots explode after you kill them though. i was a bit disappointed with how easy the final main bit of quest was compared to the rest of them.

Story was good but it won't keep you occupied for more than 3 hours. I really like the robot customization and robots in general, I feel like they are the ultimate companion to help you along in the Wasteland. So that in itself is a great feature of the DLC. Standalone It's worth it if you're really into creating stuff, specifically, robots but if you want some engaging story content it may not be worth it. I got it with season pass like most people, so I don't have any problem with this dlc being worth it, I feel overall it's a good addition to the game.